Dealerships and possible Stopovers like an aire but on their premises.

mickymost

An idea.

Motorhome dealerships are experiencing a large growth in Motorhomes and Campervans due to this Pandemic and the staycation.Why cant we suggest to the majority of dealers if they could be interested in setting up stopovers on their premises.Some already do this as a dealer in Newark has a mini campsite attached with a free stopover.They could charge a nominal amount and it could work in their favour as people stopping over could be a potential new customer.How many of us like to check over the stock in a dealership?

An idea.

Motorhome dealerships are experiencing a large growth in Motorhomes and Campervans due to this Pandemic and the staycation.Why cant we suggest to the majority of dealers if they could be interested in setting up stopovers on their premises.Some already do this as a dealer in Newark has a mini campsite attached with a free stopover.They could charge a nominal amount and it could work in their favour as people stopping over could be a potential new customer.How many of us like to check over the stock in a dealership?

Its possible but most of the motor trade use up every inch of space :)

There is only 4 or so in all Ireland,one in donegal. :unsure:
Then how would you cope with the guard dogs left to eat intruders at night :eek: and alarms in many all round the place.

There is only 4 or so in all Ireland,one in donegal. :unsure:
Then how would you cope with the guard dogs left to eat intruders at night :eek: and alarms in many all round the place.

I think theres a few more than 4 in England Scotland and Wales.Chain up the Guard Dogs.And reference Alarms im thinking of a separate area if the Dealership has a large site.The smaller Dealerships wont have enough room I get that.

Would they not have to have planning permission, from the council?. Would their insurers allow it?.
Damn good idea though.

Lowdhams in Nottingham have an attached field with hook ups for people stopping over to view their Vehicles. Brownhills Leisureworld at Newark do the same.Did they have to get planning permission?

This proves it could be done

Last edited:
So it seems a few are already set up for this.As I said when I started this thread it could be helpful to the Dealers as every Motorhome stopping over could be a potential customer trading up. Isnt there a dealer in Sussex Johns Cross Motorhomes who is a member on here already.Maybe he could let us stopover and maybe he could put out a good word to other Dealerships he may know?

"All these parked up motorhomes are spoiling my bloody view!"
shame try whitby, you will like it there,but and i say but, the locals, oh not the dread locals, oh no you cant, not getting my money, try two fingers.peace and love.ok.pj.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back