Dash camera for the motorhome

I have a Nextbase 522GW with a rear camera connected, I use 128GB SD card which gives me 240 minutes of recording (front and rear) or 480 minutes without the rear camera, 1440P HD video quality is excellent with number plates very clear.
£150 from Amazon, Argos, Screwfix and Halfords

Cex have used ones with a 2 year warranty for £85

I couldn't read a single reg number on those pictures.
glasses.jpg
reg number.jpg

Night pics are the default I use . I think the standard today must be better ? But not looked into updating mine. Watch a lot of yt drivers videos and there 4k some 8k equipment, go pros 10 or 11 just look in the description and most are affiliate. but can't see the difference on my HD telly. Lol

We use Nextbase. I bought four, one for each of the kids, one for the car and one for the motorhome. They are the 312GW with wireless connection to download to a phone or tablet. They are now seven years old (2017) and the picture quality is good. But the new Nextbase is way better, so may get one to try it in the real world.

I couldn't read a single reg number on those pictures.
You mean you still haven't been to Specsavers? :eek::eek::eek:;)
I could read two and, given the original image and appropriate software, could probably zoom in and read others.

Most campers you tuber are going for this 360 surcurity system. Not dash cams, but on line and live. 500 gig of storage.

Lorrys have had it for about 4 years . The cost is unknown to me but fit and forget.

Have used Nextbase for a few years now, with no problems encountered.
However bought this rearview mirror from Amazon and now not only have front and rear view camera recording but also a permanent rear view mirror. It will split screen front and rear or either. Comes with all installation materials and 64gb memory card and attaches to the previously useless mirror in the Ducati cab. Brand name is Jansite and it is the 4K UHD model. Cost under £100. I’m delighted with it 🤩 .
IMG_5716.jpeg

Have used Nextbase for a few years now, with no problems encountered.
However bought this rearview mirror from Amazon and now not only have front and rear view camera recording but also a permanent rear view mirror. It will split screen front and rear or either. Comes with all installation materials and 64gb memory card and attaches to the previously useless mirror in the Ducati cab. Brand name is Jansite and it is the 4K UHD model. Cost under £100. I’m delighted with it 🤩 .
View attachment 129081
I would note an issue with this type of 'mirror' and those of us who wear glasses, if you have distance lens, or varifocal it can be difficult to focus on the 'mirror', for this reason I prefer a dash mounted screen, then I can focus on it easily with my varifocals.

Most campers you tuber are going for this 360 surcurity system. Not dash cams, but on line and live. 500 gig of storage.

Lorrys have had it for about 4 years . The cost is unknown to me but fit and forget.
Any link? I would expect live 360° video to consume a lot of mobile data allowance and what happens in areas with no mobile data coverage or no data connection available?

I would note an issue with this type of 'mirror' and those of us who wear glasses, if you have distance lens, or varifocal it can be difficult to focus on the 'mirror', for this reason I prefer a dash mounted screen, then I can focus on it easily with my varifocals.
I have a rear view/reversing camera with mirror-mounted display (no recording) and have no issues using it when wearing varifocals.

Asperizze there's more makes and it's not data when in use in van .500gig of storage internally data Only when you connect. But most are wifi

Screenshot_20240312_140146_Chrome.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
I wear varifocals and have no problem. I do find a difference in bright sunlight as my glasses are photochromic and so the screen effectively ‘dims’, but as I only had a view of the motorhome interior before, I’m not unhappy 😊

Any link? I would expect live 360° video to consume a lot of mobile data allowance and what happens in areas with no mobile data coverage or no data connection available?
500 gigs internly so no date required un less you want to watching live

500 gigs internly so no date required un less you want to watching live
OK; when you said "Not dash cams, but on line and live." I assumed that it needed a data connection to function.

OK; when you said "Not dash cams, but on line and live." I assumed that it needed a data connection to function.

In the lorry you drive though gate and by the time you passed office it's all done . I think some have a port to download avi files in cab of lorry and some are automatically download. Price price price.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back