Dash camera for the motorhome

GMJ

Our dash cam decided to go on the blink on this trip so I'll be needing another. I'd like one that takes a small memory card for recording.

Does anyone have one? If so would you recommend?

TIA

Lots on ebay very cheep, go for 1080p high def, most run a 32 gig mem, my setup was about 25 bucks for cam & usb cable.
Picture as clear as a bell.
liteship.png

I have a Garmin dashcam. I made a bracket that clips under the note holder in the center of the dash and picks up power from the USB socket. When you start the engine the dashcam automatically starts. I tried a GoPro but it was a bit of a fiddle and you needed to start it everytime you set off. Needless to say when you wanted the footage it was missing.

We have 3 of the cheapo,s from Halfords to accommodate the 3 vehicles. Mag mount onto the windscreen via a stick on mount. Nextbase at £50 ish. (y)

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
I've had 3 cheap ones under £30 over the years and all have broke as I take them in and out of lorrys.

The vans one £100 with card with no screen can wifi nearly live footage to tablet. Nearly 180 degrees and 32g on a loop about 8 hours card. No panic mode on device.But from ttablet you can hard save.

The girls cars one is singing and dancing. But £150.00 plus card £100.00 . So it's can pair to phone . And take 120g card. So fit and forget.

I would not recommend any we have . All sh×t in the dark / at night. But are 3 years old.

• Thank You
I wanted a small discrete dashcam that didn't interfere with the cab blinds, and wasn't easy to see from outside, my choice was a Thinkware F100, after several years of use I decided to get the same for one of the cars.

Attachments

• F100 1.jpg
    F100 1.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 31
  • F100 2.jpg
    F100 2.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Thank You
I have a nextbase dashcam as recomended by the Which magazine,model?? depends how much you want to pay.It was bought from Halfords and fitted by them ,its a fit and forget until its needed with a 32gb sd card.Permanently wired ,make sure its adjusted correctly taking in both sides of the road and keep checking it as it gets knocked when getting in and out of the van. Best of luck.

• Thank You
Had a few Nextbase and a BlackVue since 2018.
No doubt they've all come along way since then, but the BlackVue is in a different league to the Nextbase ones I had. More £'s too.

I have a nextbase dashcam as recomended by the Which magazine,model?? depends how much you want to pay.It was bought from Halfords and fitted by them ,its a fit and forget until its needed with a 32gb sd card.Permanently wired ,make sure its adjusted correctly taking in both sides of the road and keep checking it as it gets knocked when getting in and out of the van. Best of luck.
Forgot to say its been fit nearly 3years ago and as said i have an insurance discount each year.

Adding to the list I have a Viofo A119. It’s quite discrete and slots into a base stuck onto the screen. It has a screen so doesn’t need a phone to operate and requires a memory card. It also has its own gps. There is a permanent wiring kit if you want this. As to whether it’s any good in the context of accident hopefully I will never find out!. The video looks OK. Like many of these Dashcams they do discount them every so often so it is worth looking around for these before purchasing.

If you go for a unit that needs a phone make sure it will be easy to return, just in case your phone doesn’t talk to it.

• Thank You
Had nextbase for the last umpteen years never had any hassle good quality for money from Halfrauds

I got mine off fleabay, theyre branded xgody, one on van has got a rear camera plugged into it which shows constantly in top left quarter of screen, I've mounted it high at rear so it's looking vertically down , shows the towball at top of screen so I can reverse right up to things
The one in the Berlingo I didn't bother with the rearview camera. Had them both about a year with no problems.

As I said on the other site. I am after personal recommendations Trev. I am aware that I can buy any old thing but if someone has had a good experience that's the info I'm after.
They will be 100%, i have 3 here and all work the best.

They are all copies anyway and the tech is widely understood now, not really much to innovate, it's a camera, it records and overwrites when the card is full, the only advantage is you may get a tiny discount from the insurance company if you use the one they invest in.

They are all copies anyway and the tech is widely understood now, not really much to innovate, it's a camera, it records and overwrites when the card is full, the only advantage is you may get a tiny discount from the insurance company if you use the one they invest in.
Yep, some stills from mine coast road out of larne going north, lots of overnight stops should you wish.
coast rd a.png
coast rd b.png
coast rd c.png
coast rd d.png
coast rd e.png
coast rd f.png
coast rd m.png
coast rd p.png
coast rd x.png
coast rd z.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back