dartford crossing

rugbyken

received an E-mail to an old account from dartford crossing stating that because i hadn’t used the crossing in the last year they were going to close my account only keep about a tenner in there just in case i go via the tunnel but could have been expensive to travel thinking it was still active because i only check that account by accident nowadays

Dear KEN DUNNE
Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Our records show that you have not made a crossing in a vehicle linked to your Dart Charge account for over 12 months.
If you would like to keep your account open:
You can do so by making a crossing in a vehicle linked to the account, or by letting us know. The easiest way to do this is by accessing your account online and selecting ‘Inactive account options’ followed by ‘Keep my account open

Hibya Ken,
It’s really odd isn’t it, I mean it’s not as if you’re account it taking up a lot of room or resources to exit, So don’t understand why they need to close it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had the same at the end of last year, I withdrew the £10.00 that was in the account, I'll re-register for an account next year when we're okay to travel to Europe again, I opened the account because at the time. I was using the crossing around 30 times a year and it saved having to do it by phone each time.

Now that's good news. 👍

During the pandemic I too received a letter saying they were going to close my account due to inactivity, and like a fool I bunged in another £10.

I was seriously thinking of taking a drive through the tunnel just for the fun of a drive out and to update it. I'll check tomorrow to see where on the website you can reclaim a refund of monies not used.

It's our 48th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow, so I may be slow out of the blocks. 🎉 😄

They took my money and closed my account a year ago. There doesn't seem anything you can do. Another government con.

Same here they took my £7.50 left in my account and closed it and I did not get an email telling me I only found out when I crossed thinking I had money in to pay and I got the final warning message before they fine me. 🤬

I've not had any form of communication from them and I have an account with them on a local resident scheme, I've just been into my account and there would not appear to be a problem, all paid up with both vehicles, and the motor bike don't matter it's free

Same happened last year, no problem getting a refund. Will top the account up WHEN we travel again

I went onto the website and requested it. I've just done a Google search, there's a number for customer service

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back