Damp Prevention

gerryhj

Hi All.
Does anyone have any good ideas for preventing air dampness in a M'home that will be shut up for 2 - 3 months. The vehicle is an ex-ambulance with good inter wall insulation; however it only has single glass windows and also Fiberglas roof lights.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards to all.

Gerry.

Bags of sodium silicate put on plates, changed whenever the water in plates gets too deep.

sodium silicate ??

Hello.
Can you please explain what this and where it can be sourced.

Thank you.
Gerry.

Hi

Hi, due to my hymer being parked up in france most of the year, I use a humidifer, this is set up in the kitchen area, with a pipe to the sink, I keep it on a low setting with timer, works very well in deed. terry

There has already been a good post on this subject by Sundown he uses a few bowls of salt as its cheap and easy sourced from the shop also this method seems to work fine. :)

I was about to mention that trevor, you beat me to it.
common and garden "table salt"
three bowls attracts so much water
you'd be surprised at the result

If you have hook-up I would really recomend a dehumidifier, I have one in my damp garage, and when not using the motorhome for a while will put it in there for a day or two.
In cold weather they are not really needed, but if you do; use a timer as the inside will freeze up, block up and stop working, I run mine for ON 1hr, OFF 3hrs cycle which still fills the internal tank in a week when its damp.
If no hook up then the moisture traps do work VERY well, available from most caravan shops, Towsure, John Lewis etc, don't forget to buy some refills!!

Escape The Rat Race

whent up and seen ma van for the first time in about four month's she started first turn of the key:Dshe had some mildew on the cabinet's but i spend a hour cleaning her up.. :eek: cant wait to get away somewhere anywere:D:eek:

There has already been a good post on this subject by Sundown he uses a few bowls of salt as its cheap and easy sourced from the shop also this method seems to work fine. :)

Tried the salt bowls for 2 weeks checked yesterday and the top was crusty:eek: as if froze broke it up a little bit but seemed cold rather than damp so not sure if there is any absorption:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back