Damp damp and damp

Baden87

Hi all looks like I bought a lemon 2007 auto trail 634 had it less tha 30 days , damp to the shower wall on the outside first 6 inches and around the back of drivers seat,evidence of water damage and soft to the false floor in the toilet , it is at the dealers as of yesterday
What's my options guys

Trading standards me lad,you are covered for 6 mth by law in which you can demand money back or a fix,its your shout not theres so if you dont want and would like money back do it now,if you let them repair it and you accept a fix & its a good job you loss the right to return unless you find other problems.

Damp is a motorhome killer,very labour intensive and expensive to fix.The problem you have is will the dealer repair it properly and will the damp return in future?Also why wasn't the damp detected before the sale,I can only assume that a habitation service wasn't carried out.

If I was in your position I would ask for a full refund and look for a replacement elsewhere and make sure the new one has had a recent full habitation check with a written damp report.

Damp

Thanks guys it has had a habitation service and on the report it says no damp found , he has admitted it should have been picked up but wasn't , I'm not sure I believe him he went over my p/x with a fine tooth comb, but it's gone to fiat garage already to be checked over for thump on start up and judder

It's about the only thing that they can guarantee on a Uk built MH .. Damp .. If you check the Internet there are a lot of unhappy people out there with damp Swift Products. Ask for your money back. Either that or keep worrying about wether they fixed it. If it has had ALL it's recommended checks then maybe Swift will fix it but it could take months and a lot of phone calls.

Perhaps we should do what they do with boats and houses get an independant assessor to check before we buy rather than rely on the dealer saying it's ok.

It's about the only thing that they can guarantee on a Uk built MH .. Damp .. If you check the Internet there are a lot of unhappy people out there with damp Swift Products. Ask for your money back. Either that or keep worrying about wether they fixed it. If it has had ALL it's recommended checks then maybe Swift will fix it but it could take months and a lot of phone calls.

Perhaps we should do what they do with boats and houses get an independant assessor to check before we buy rather than rely on the dealer saying it's ok.

Building your own - that's where it's at. At least if it leaks it's easy to get hold of the person responsible and kick em.

Hi Baden,

Did you ask the dealer for older Habitation paperwork and any ex owners History

Snowbirds.:dance:

Hi all looks like I bought a lemon 2007 auto trail 634 had it less tha 30 days , damp to the shower wall on the outside first 6 inches and around the back of drivers seat,evidence of water damage and soft to the false floor in the toilet , it is at the dealers as of yesterday
What's my options guys

Damp

He has a great reputation so I hope there's no problem my 15 year old trade in had never had any damp in the ten years I had it , sadly he sold it to another dealer or I would have it back tomorrow
No I didn't get any habitation service history only mechanical which is comprehensive and complete

If it's had all its habitation services then it will be registered with Swift. That's how they keep track of them. You can only get it done at an approved centre because they have access to Swifts System to log it's been done.

If it's not been done them Swift will not want to know.

According to the Swift Approved guy who did ours in the first year it has to be done within one month either way of the delivery date. In year two it's the same as year one but in year three it can only be done upto one month BEFORE it's due. Anything else can void your guarantee.

Last edited:
Hi Ian,

Swift lost interest in my van three years ago to the day when they sent me the third faulty control Panel to fit myself,and I have not been able to get on to their Swift Talk site Since.But they only want happy campers showing off pictures of their new rigs and latest Puppy. I am very happy using my new Habitation Guy who gives me a excellent service and come to me and gets Swift Parts quicker than the Main Dealer dealer I bought it from.

Regards Snowbirds.

If it's had all its habitation services then it will be registered with Swift. That's how they keep track of them. You can only get it done at an approved centre because they have access to Swifts System to log it's been done.

If it's not been done them Swift will not want to know.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back