Cupboard catches

I have a feeling that might be a bit beyond my drawing skills sorry.
Thats something else I have learnt today :)

I didn't realise you had to draw things, a mate I used to work with told me he had a program/app that let him digitise objects if he was copying something. I never checked or queried this though lol

Do you actually mean the little white plastic catches that fit inside, or do you mean the same entire 'catches' as a few others have already mentioned?

It's an awful thing, this loss of the capacity to read properly during lockdown... 🤪 😈 😉 😂🙃

Looks like they aren't suitable for 3d printing either.
Also looks like I will just have to give in and buy entire catches instead.😕
The whole catch, there sold in silver or gold push button.

Thats something else I have learnt today :)

I didn't realise you had to draw things, a mate I used to work with told me he had a program/app that let him digitise objects if he was copying something. I never checked or queried this though lol

You can get 3d scanners, but I don't know much about them.

I'm resigning myself to the fact that it's just going to be easier and less hassle to buy the whole catch mechanisms.

Need about 5 catches in total; 2 have broken white plastic bits as already discussed, 3 others are sticking/getting dodgy.
Just a case of working out which is the best deal from the online offerings.

Many thanks for the feedback folks (y)

If you're buying replacements I'd like to have a look at one complete (broken would be OK I suppose) unit and have a go at a fix...

The whole catch, there sold in silver or gold push button.

I know that, Trev :rolleyes:(y):)

It was the white plastic 'catch' that fits inside them I was after, not the whole thing (see very first post).

As said, looks like I will have to just have to bite the bullet and buy the whole gadget... :cautious:

Even with the high end scanners the image is hard to work as they pick up every defect. If you are happy with a straight copy they are good. If you want to improve the scan you can end up using it as a skeleton to model over.

Yes the we plastic bit always fails, to me there cheap tat as most caravan/camper bits are, but we keep on buying dont we.

Could maybe make a little mould and
Slight modification but magnetic catch would probably work with an older van and a lot cheaper toolstation pack of ten

Funny you should say that, our previous van had a much simpler cupboard catch mechanism, think they might have been magnetic too?
They were the originals fitted in the van - 10 years older than our current! - and solid as a rock with no sign they would ever break.

Just proves to me that 'progress' in some designs for 'fixtures & fittings' is not always good...

More than 1 way to fix things without doing any visual damage may not work as should do but it could be cheap fix if they break easily and easy repair for new owner if you sold it

They look the same ones as our 2016 Adria. Ive had to replace two in the last year. Got a couple of replacements from the Motorhome place in Darlington. Also the screws holding another pulled out the wood draw and a plastic toungue that the catch fixes to broke. A definate weak spot.

They look the same ones as our 2016 Adria. Ive had to replace two in the last year. Got a couple of replacements from the Motorhome place in Darlington. Also the screws holding another pulled out the wood draw and a plastic toungue that the catch fixes to broke. A definate weak spot.
A lot of motorhomes were built to a budget and some were built to a quality unfortunately nowadays they are all built on budget so certain items fail but thats life

That’s what he would have had then, he was a bigger geek than I was at that sort of stuff. Had boxes of the stuff you print with (filament?) stored in my office cos he could get it cheap if he bought a load lol

So our old Autosleeper, the usual wear and tear problem: a couple of door catches wearing out/breaking with age.

Now it seems to be easy enough to get hold of replacements for the whole mechanism (anywhere from around a fiver+), but as it appears to be only the white plastic catches that deteriorate and break I wondered if these could be bought separately, rather than buying the whole mechanism each time? Lots of good reasons for wanting to do this, not just about saving money.

Anybody had a similar problem or have any idea if it's possible to buy just these white plastic latch parts? :unsure:

View attachment 89123

View attachment 89124
eBay has these. Make sure you get the right size though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back