I had this given to me still boxed is it worth using

Attachments

• 20190212_135030.jpg
    20190212_135030.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 20190212_135038.jpg
    20190212_135038.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 132
Yes. The unit allows the leisure battery to be charged both by a solar panel, if desired, and the alternator. Once the starter battery has been brought up to charge it then transfer power from the alternator to the leisure battery, if I recall up to 30A. Without engine running, and a solar panel connected, will charge leisure battery and when that is topped up will then provide a charge to starter battery.

Do you need the ctek dual to connect it to though? Not sure it works on its own.

Edit. Looks like you can use it on it's own, but possibly lose some functionality such as solar.

Last edited:
Do you need the ctek dual to connect it to though? Not sure it works on its own.

Edit. Looks like you can use it on it's own, but possibly lose some functionality such as solar.

Are you sure on that?

I thought the Intelligence was all in the D250s unit in terms of controlling the charging algorithm and the Smartpass was purely a capacity upgrade and not a standalone device?

Are you sure on that?

I thought the Intelligence was all in the D250s unit in terms of controlling the charging algorithm and the Smartpass was purely a capacity upgrade and not a standalone device?

That's what I thought too, but the user manual appears to suggest that you can use it in isolation, but it's essentially a heavy duty split charger, without the solar control element.

If you decide not to use it Chris....
I could probably find it a home, in exchange for cold hard cash obviously.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back