CT1

QFour

Is it as good as they say it is. Got some alloy tubing to stick on the roof of MH. Used Sikaflex last time but the weather is a bit iffy so looked for another solution. Got a tube but I don't want to use it if its not as good. I would rather the solar panel stay on the roof. Nothing heavy just a lightweight 80w pane.l

Is it as good as they say it is. Got some alloy tubing to stick on the roof of MH. Used Sikaflex last time but the weather is a bit iffy so looked for another solution. Got a tube but I don't want to use it if its not as good. I would rather the solar panel stay on the roof. Nothing heavy just a lightweight 80w pane.l
I quite like CT1, but Phil (Admin) I think had some issues with how it aged after a while on his Hymer on the roof RV panels. Maybe send him a PM and ask him for more info? What he said (from my recollection) would put me off a bit from using it.

A mate who's a plumber swares by it (ct1) he just says the surfaces must be clean and free from paint.
I stuck the solar panels on last motorhome with sikaflex , we had it 8 years with no problems. Used alloy brackets stuck to a alloy roof with no paint in between.

Used to swear by it but don't know if its all colours or just clear it don't like uv. Bonded my solar panel on 8yrs ago and fixed some guttering and sealed a window in conservatory with clear. within a year anything exposed to sun had turned to a white powdery bit of rubber that pulled or fell off. My panel is still stuck solid as the uv has not penetrated under the brackets. But all edges are affected so I regularly give the panel a good tug to make sure its still solid.

Mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back