Critair 5, is that good or bad?

moonshadow

Have just applied for the French sticker thingy, was relatively easy but confusing as we fall in Euro 2 but our sticker will be Critair 5. Does anyone really understand this? When I looked at the French map on the official website it seems that quite a bit of France needs these stickers, so for a very small fee, in my opinion, it's worth getting if you are planning a trip over there, saves the worry about potentially being caught and fined.

Ours is a 2005 2.8jtd and came back as a 4. This for both the French and the German version.:rolleyes2:

Cheers

H

Ours is a 2005 2.8jtd and came back as a 4. This for both the French and the German version.:rolleyes2:

Cheers

H

We used to have a Hobby. So if ours is a 2.2 and we got a 5 does that mean it's better than 4 or are we about to fall over the precipice?:lol-053:

For Critair lower the emissions lower the number, a 5 is close to max.

Sue, my stickers came back as a 3 for France and a 4 for Germany... I think Alan's are the same. I had virtually no information from my logbook to give them but found out when researching that we come under private cars, not vans. I sent what I had and let them decide. Yours is a much newer van so I'd have thought you'd be on a much better sticker and Euro number engine than mine... but I don't know which numbers are good or bad!

Have just applied for the French sticker thingy, was relatively easy but confusing as we fall in Euro 2 but our sticker will be Critair 5. Does anyone really understand this? When I looked at the French map on the official website it seems that quite a bit of France needs these stickers, so for a very small fee, in my opinion, it's worth getting if you are planning a trip over there, saves the worry about potentially being caught and fined.
From Deneb's link and judging by your 2014 reg, you should have a Euro 5 or 6 engine and a Crit'Air 2 sticker. A 5 sticker is for much older engines and you can't be Euro 2. Something doesn't sound right does it, unless you've reversed the numbers in your post?

Thank you for the link, very helpful. Interesting to see that Eu5 & 6 diesels will only get a yellow Class 2 sticker not Class 1.

Off topic slightly but I asked Renault to clarify emissions of my 2012 Trafic Dci115 because the emissions levels in the log book do not all meet the required levels for Euro 5. It should be Euro 5 as registered in 2102 and has a sticker on the drivers door post which suggests Euro 5.

They recently sent me a screen print from their system which says clearly Euro 5 but so far have no explanation for why the NOx and HC+NOx figures exceed the limits.

My experience is that it is far more difficult to get specification information for a Renault than for a Peugeot
To their credit they say they are still seeking an explanation.

Crit Aire

We have just had a month in France in lots of different areas. I spoke to loads of FRENCH MH's of whom none had one on their screen. This was not just a couple of M.Homes.
They didn't exactly laugh at us but they were amused. The only person who had one had it on his scooter on the back of his MH. He lived in Versailles and said it was necessary for Paris. Of course we have one as for the cost it is not worth falling foul of the French Police, but all seemed to think that is was a bit of a joke that we had one.
PJ

From Deneb's link and judging by your 2014 reg, you should have a Euro 5 or 6 engine and a Crit'Air 2 sticker. A 5 sticker is for much older engines and you can't be Euro 2. Something doesn't sound right does it, unless you've reversed the numbers in your post?

Is there something I'm missing? Moonshadow's avatar is a photo of a x244, was this their old van?

Thank you for the link, very helpful. Interesting to see that Eu5 & 6 diesels will only get a yellow Class 2 sticker not Class 1.

Off topic slightly but I asked Renault to clarify emissions of my 2012 Trafic Dci115 because the emissions levels in the log book do not all meet the required levels for Euro 5. It should be Euro 5 as registered in 2102 and has a sticker on the drivers door post which suggests Euro 5.

They recently sent me a screen print from their system which says clearly Euro 5 but so far have no explanation for why the NOx and HC+NOx figures exceed the limits.

My experience is that it is far more difficult to get specification information for a Renault than for a Peugeot
To their credit they say they are still seeking an explanation.

Just to (possibly) confuse matters even more, for a UK registered vehicle the Critair classification of the vehicle is made on a best guess calculation based on the date of first registration, rather than the actual Euro emission level of the vehicle, since the Euro emission category is not stated on the V5C and the French have no way of actually determining it. If you compare the dates on the chart, this can actually work in favour of a higher classification than actual in some cases.

Go to the French Crit Air site and click on tab marked SIMULATION. You can then enter your details and it will tell you what your classification is. Don’t enter a Euro engine number you just need date of first registration.

We are Euro 6 emissions and got a YELLOW 2 sticker for France and a GREEN 4 sticker for Germany.
Although we do not intend driving in cities thought it best to be on the safe side by getting them.

I would have thought the stickers could have been standardised across Europe i.e. Euro 6, pick a colour for the sticker and put a six on it, same for 5-4-3-2-1, but obviously that is far too simple, or , me being simple have missed the point entirely.

Anyway.... having a read and came across This Link which explains the different stickers used in Europe.
Then came across This Link specific to Germany.

It appears I now need an app as temporary zones can be introduced.
Here is the link

Becoming difficult to keep on top of and that's without trying to understand the road signs.

I put us down as a van, as that is what we are!! Can't see how we can possibly classified as a car?!?!

Go to the French Crit Air site and click on tab marked SIMULATION. You can then enter your details and it will tell you what your classification is. Don’t enter a Euro engine number you just need date of first registration.

I did that and we came back as Euro 2 which became a 5 when I applied, all very odd. Have applied again, (as a car) that'll confuse them and will see what happens!

I put us down as a van, as that is what we are!! Can't see how we can possibly classified as a car?!?!

A motor caravan is M1, which is same as a car, this is the same for some other things as well such as UK speed limits(for under 3.05tonne unladen) and MOT's.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back