Crack in roof light window

Can I ask has anyone had a van written off because for eg a panel couldn’t be sourced ?
Thanks
D
I had a caravan written off (they paid £50 less than I bought it for 6 months earlier) after SWMBO put it on its side on the M6.
All the side panels and windows were scratched, replacement was too expensive..

I bought it back for £300 (they paid me 300 for expenses in collecting my personal belonging, so in effect I got it for free !).

Polished everything and spend £20 on decals.

Used it for 4 years then got £400 in P ex.

:)

Could the crack be repaired with something like Bondright WC102 from bondright,co,uk? they have several caravan window repair adhesives.
TBH, I was thinking the same. WC102 did a good job on the rear window of our van -- not invisible, but the crack is watertight and hasn't propagated since. However, WC102 is for acrylic rather than polycarbonate AFAICT and Bondright's website seems to be down ATM. FWIW, their site was also down when I wanted WC102 and I ended up phoning. AFAICT, WC102 is acetone-based, which is great for acrylic but iffy for PC -- but best talk to them. Their phone number is 01509 815550. BTW, the small bottle of WC102 only has a shelf life of a few weeks -- so make sure you'll be good to go when it arrives if you choose that.

Afternoon all.
Some advice needed please.
We have a coach built Roller team T line 700.
Over the lounge area there is a fixed roof light (doesn’t open) this has a crack in it right on the edge through both skins of the plastic.
The window is slightly curved to follow the roof.
I have been searching for some time to try and find a replacement but have found now it is obsolete.m and I can’t find any secondhand ones.
I have contacted some companies who make them but none will make this due to the curve.
My only option now is to call the insurance but I’m told that if they can’t source or replace it they are likely to write the vehicle off?
Any advice please?
Thanks
D
How about a vinyl wrap, the matetial used on cars and vans?

Thanks all for the input. I think i have sealed/stopped the water ingress using tiger seal over the crack, it doesnt look pretty but it was a case of needs must!
I have tried EECO but they say they dont make this type window, tbh they were not very helpful.
the inside of the unit has condensation in it on the underside of the outer skin, this has now started to go off colour as its stagnant.

Thanks all for the input. I think i have sealed/stopped the water ingress using tiger seal over the crack, it doesnt look pretty but it was a case of needs must!
I have tried EECO but they say they dont make this type window, tbh they were not very helpful.
the inside of the unit has condensation in it on the underside of the outer skin, this has now started to go off colour as its stagnant.
Maybe drill 2 holes at each end of the inside crack to stop it spreading and to help get rid of condensation?.

Sorry for the late reply, but it looks like you have your answer.
I still don't have my vacuum forming machine commissioned and I'm not sure if it would have been big enough.
Look for a small company to help you.

Mark
Anyone know of or can suggest one of these companies please?

Back