Crack in my glass roof

The laird

We were away two weekends ago in fife and the mrs noticed a crack in the roof
got in touch with my ins aib and the insurers (great service aib etc )
just got the go ahead today
cost £250 Xs
glass roof kit £2600- £ 3500 inc vat and fitting
thank goodness for ins
here's two pics of said item
40D79D1B-8EA1-4F1D-92DF-9D15874DA86E.jpeg
53988C3E-595D-42B2-BC1F-A9C1CD92D4D7.jpeg

Body flex, happened to a car i had once on a bumpy rd right in front of my eyes, click busted.
Forgot also had a side wind up drivers window explode when driving, thought some barstewart was having a shot at me.

We cracked the windscreen on our Laika. NFU were great and authorised the repair immediately. The authorisation was not exceeding £10,000 so no idea how much it cost but it was a big A Class screen. When they took it out they could not see anything. Just the crack. Guy said that sometimes you get a very small nick in the glass from a stone and it tracks to the edge. Once it gets to the edge it's curtains for the screen as it just spreads. By the time we got back from Spain it was 3/4 way up the screen. I think while it is whole they can flex. I noticed how much they flex while they were preparing to put it in. First thing they did was assemble a rather large machine with suckers on it to hold the glass. As they approached the hole left by the old glass the remote was positioning the screen in very small increments. Then they just pushed it into place.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back