CPC driver training

CPC & HGV info for Virgil and others

The info from a chap in the DSA office today said "CPC is coming in for HGV licence holders from 2009".

So there's plenty of time to swot up... or worry about it - which ever is your want!

As for Virgils Coach, ANY vehicle that has a gross weight of over 7.5t will require an HGV licence to drive it (unless it has more than 9 seats in which case it needs a PSV) The fact that you will only be carrying your own vehicle and not using it 'For hire or reward' only changes the road fund tax liability. E.G. Owners of Large American motorhomes (+ 7.5t) need a class 3 licence to drive them.

Hope that helps... if not come back to me.

***** said:
Hi Nosha,
I thought Class 1, 2 or 3 had gone & replaced by C for a ridged & E for a trailer. ?

Should that be rigid Graham? (Not taking the Michael, honestly!)

Yep you're right Graham, I was keeping it simple for the likes of Virgil!! Sorry Virgil only joking.
But most people still think of Clas A, B & C... just like most people still have a 'log book' for their car even though it was replaced with a V5 about a hundred years ago!!

I'll have you all know that I'm not ½ the idiot I think you are!

Yep, I'm not a complete idiot either... there are bits of me that's missing!!

***** said:
Hi Nosha,
I thought Class 1, 2 or 3 had gone & replaced by C for a ridged & E for a trailer. ?
In other words any rigid HGV over 7.5 ton is class C and if U have a trailer or driving an artic it is class C + E !
yes correct graham a rigid wagon is C & an artic licence is C+E graham,hgv 1 + 2 dont exist as such anymore :eek:

***** said:
Thanks Sam,
but I think that the thread was originally about the new driver cpc
However this will tell the guys & gals what they can drive:cool:
so why is every1 debating then?? ha ha ha ha:D just read the link guys........;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back