CPAP machine in a motorhome.

Paolo

Free Member
I am a total novice with a motor home so I'd be very grateful for some advice. I use a CPAP machine to help my breathing at night. No problem where there is a hookup. It is also possible to run it from a 12volt supply if wild camping. How well will the leisure battery cope? How do I calculate the length of time it can provide power without draining?

I bought a dedicated 12v lead for my Resmed machine and it draws about 15 amps over 8 hours (no humidifier attached). I have 2 leisure batteries and sufficient solar panels to recharge to full the following day.

It would be worth posting a picture of panel on your power supply, it has the information we can calculate the power requirements and relate them to the number and capacities of your batterie(s). However the best option might bew a powercell to be able to charge your leisure batteries when there is no solar available.

I am running my CPAP with humidifier from an inverter. A 12V supply would be more efficient but with many things to recharge overnight and one or two mains powered devices a pure sine wave 500W inverter suits my purposes. Daily consumption for CPAP and and domestic purposes amounts to about 40Ah which I cover easily with an Efoy fuel cell and one 100Ah LiFePO4 battery.

Bought a Tracer battery pack for use on a plane for a trip trip to NZ that didn't come off thanks to C 19.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back