Covid Pass

I don't know if anyone else has managed it, but I have found it impossible to get an electronic certificate on the NHS Scotland Covid App. There seems to be no option to do so despite the website saying you can.
Ref campsites refusing to use paper copies or saying they were unable to scan them and insisting on a QR code on a phone? What it you don't have a Smart phone? Or you live in a country where you can't get a QR code on your phone? (see 1st paragraph).

Is it OK to assume NHS phone app covid passes are updated monthly with new QR codes when outside the U.K.?

Is it OK to assume NHS phone app covid passes are updated monthly with new QR codes when outside the U.K.?
Yes they are. You just go online, via internet or your phones data, and refresh the app. It automatically does it. The fact it “runs out” is only an admin thing. It’s still valid, there is no end date.

Thank you for all the replies, however we have hit another problem as such.
We are thinking of going to France at the beginning of February, our problem is that because you have to have a test 24 hours before you can depart the only thing we can think of doing because we live 5 hours away from the port, we will have to travel down the day before, take the test the morning after, hope it is negative so we can board. If it is positive then we shall have to go all the way back home. Or, we can take the test at home on the morning of departure and hope it comes back by the time we reach the port and that it is negative.
We looked to see if there was a Clinic where we could go near Dover but could not find one.
PJ
You can get a lateral test at a lot of places in The UK. I think you can get them done at Boots, even ASDA chemists. Look on line at their websites for confirmation.

We live full time in the van so I have a portable printer. Couldn't you open it when you have a signal and screen print it?
That way you can show it even without a signal 🤔

Regards,
Del
Nothing to do with covid, but interest in your printer. We travel jan & feb and do need a small portable printer?

Nothing to do with covid, but interest in your printer. We travel jan & feb and do need a small portable printer?
I use a Canon TR150 but Epson and HP also do portable battery ones but some are charged via mains and not USB like the Canon. They are expensive and on some sites the Canon doesn't include a battery 🤔 I got mine used off ebay and saved a quite a bit over the cost of a new one👍

Regards,
Del

Ref the Printer thing, I carry an HP Amp portable printer in my Motorhome. (https://www.costco.co.uk/Business-O...nkjet-Printer-with-Bluetooth-Speaker/p/255015)
Connect to it via Wifi or Bluetooth, but it is Mains-only (ok for me as I always have AC available). It can also be used as a Bluetooth Speaker, but never use that feature beyond just trying it out.
Keep it in one of the top cupboards out the way when not in use.
IMG_20220123_131007_9.jpg

For the Covid lat flow tests 24 hrs before arriving in France we booked Boots. Book in plenty of time as not many slots £30pp

OR

Online book C19 tests ... delivered the next day. You take test and upload the test with a pic of passport. We've got these for onward travel from Italy to Greece.

I agree, what with Brexit rules and Covid, a whole massive additional admin load. But worth it to travel.

I use a Canon TR150 but Epson and HP also do portable battery ones but some are charged via mains and not USB like the Canon. They are expensive and on some sites the Canon doesn't include a battery 🤔 I got mine used off ebay and saved a quite a bit over the cost of a new one👍

Regards,
Del
Many thanks, job for when we get back.

Sue

Regards,
Del
Many thanks, job for when we get back. Sue

The travel one has no expiry and shows all your jabs, the domestic only lasts 30 days. Get them from the NHS app but you have to have your medical records available on line.

You do need separate email addresses which to be honest is a pain,
A lot of email systems allow you to add a suffix to the name part, which technically make it a different address but but goes to the same place.
As an example, if your address is tidewatcher@madeup.com chances are that email sent to tidewatcher+one@madeup.com would also end up in your email box. Easy to test: send yourself that email!

The travel one has no expiry and shows all your jabs, the domestic only lasts 30 days. Get them from the NHS app but you have to have your medical records available on line.
Recent travel ones are thirty days both on the app and when requesting a printed version. At least that is what I got sent....

Our travel one also has an expiry date of 30 days. I suppose if you had a positive covid test it would show. Most countries would want you to isolate or not travel.

Ref the Printer thing, I carry an HP Amp portable printer in my Motorhome. (https://www.costco.co.uk/Business-O...nkjet-Printer-with-Bluetooth-Speaker/p/255015)
Connect to it via Wifi or Bluetooth, but it is Mains-only (ok for me as I always have AC available). It can also be used as a Bluetooth Speaker, but never use that feature beyond just trying it out.
Keep it in one of the top cupboards out the way when not in use.
View attachment 105469
Oy! What are you doing in our van? 😉😆😆

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back