covid. jabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I reckon you are far more into this than I am Mark.
I am just a gullible idiot who listens to what the doctors tell me.
Neil Olivers comments both online, and on GB news are about as difficult to find as your toothbrush.
As a matter of fact it would be far more difficult not to know about them, than to know about them.
And his medical qualifications are about on parr with mine.
I have nothing against him not being vaccinated, thats his choice.
A choice he removed from his teenage children.
When I want medical advice I go to a medical practitioner, not an historian who reckons the whole Covid thing was in his words Hype.
There is no reason to get fit and healthy teenagers vaccinated unless they have comorbidities.

Because experts advised that the universal roll out should move to a more targeted approach.

Will that do.

There may well be many other reasons, but lets not upset people.

You feeling ok mark, thats not like you.
Or are you turning into an old bore like myself.
Maybe you need Neil Oliver to give you a quick diagnosis :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There is no reason to get fit and healthy teenagers vaccinated unless they have comorbidities.
I agree with that, at some point the human race needs to live with CV-19 just as we do with other Covids, it will take generations to get there and a few eggs will be broken along the way.

Yep but in short they don’t think everyone needs it.
I’m wondering if it has to do with the civil lawsuits that have started.
Or the amounts of vaccine damage payouts. £5 million so far with 44 paid and thousands of folk still waiting (as of end march). This could get expensive so I could see that targeted application of the vaccine is sensible.

Or the amounts of vaccine damage payouts. £5 million so far with 44 paid and thousands of folk still waiting (as of end march). This could get expensive so I could see that targeted application of the vaccine is sensible.

Oh well, you've gone and done it now. That was what my, but lets not upset people was about, referred to.

Another fine mess boomers have left for a generation of tax payers.

Oh dear ….. and everyone seems to think they’re safe. My daughter-in-law suffered a bout of myocarditis after her last booster.
It’s on her discharge note as ‘vaccine induced’.

Oh dear ….. and everyone seems to think they’re safe. My daughter-in-law suffered a bout of myocarditis after her last booster.
It’s on her discharge note as ‘vaccine induced’.
Bless her. Yes I’ve heard of many.
But as I’ve stated previously, the older one is the greater the risk from the virus so makes sense to protect from that v

Hey gen x pulls no punches. Lol
At some point we all have got to face facts. It’s unpleasant. But to continue to turn our gaze away from the unpleasant will only cause more suffering in the long run.
The unpleasant truth is the manufacturers et al had no clue what the ramifications would be. No one did. And risk analysis wasn’t properly explored imo. But it is true that folk were dying and this did seem to be and is fantastic solution, for those who’s risk from the virus is high

Since having my covid jab on Tuesday I have had absolutely no reactions at all.
Not even a sore arm. That must make me normal.
Dezi

But there are going to be lots of people ‘passing on the infection’ now due to them not being eligible for a vaccine. The vaccine only protects yourself it does not totally stop transmission. Are there not vaccinated people catching covid from other vaccinated people?
It was never tested against transmission.
So why have the government stopped vaccines for everyone?
The virus has mutated many many times and now the most prevalent strain isn't as likely to cause death as the original Wuhan variant. Sure the Wuhan strain is still out there and infecting people but in nowhere near the numbers that the latest strains are.
Killing your host doesn't help transmission and transmission is what helps viruses stay propagated.

I didn't read the article, but I saw a headline yesterday that WHO no longer regards COVID as a pandemic; so it looks likely that we will continue to have an annual flu jag [based on what the coming Winter strain is predicted to be], alongside a COVID jag to tackle the known and anticipated mutations.

WHO doesn't know what the next pandemic will be; it does have models that suggest about every decade, a new pandemic will emerge and then it's all hands to the pump to analyse the disease and produce a treatment post haste.

Steve

I didn't read the article, but I saw a headline yesterday that WHO no longer regards COVID as a pandemic;

Steve
To save you reading the full story, the number of deaths per week reduced in April to 3500, which is why they have 'downgraded' CV-19. In some countries it's still reducing, meanwhile in the UK there is a rise as a new variant sweeps through.

Sadly there are to many experts out there Graham, to many unvalidated uneducated opinions based on what they read online, and supports their selfish attitudes. People like Neil Oliver have lost my respect. He pedals his anti vaccine stuff with no medical expertise whatsoever, and I have no doubt he is responsible for many remaining unvaccinated, and sadly dying from covid. My neighbours son is a surgeon in Aberdeen. He was on the tv during covid pleading with people to get vaccinated. He told me that over 90% of those dying or requiring serious medical intervention were unvaccinated, yet his voice is lost in the crowd whilst folk like Oliver with no medical training are listened to. If covid highlighted one thing to me it was how selfish some folk could be. Just look at how Rangers fans celebrated winning the league in George square and Glasgow city centre during covid. After this many police officers who had attended these scenes contracted covid and had to take sick leave. These people spread covid amongst themselves then took it home with them. How many died because rangers supporters behaved like this, we will never know.
I always liked his TV programmes on History and Archeology and regarded him as an intelligent man. After watching short pieces of his programme on GB TV I cannot stand the man and regard him as a complete prick. :rolleyes:

I always liked his TV programmes on History and Archeology and regarded him as an intelligent man. After watching short pieces of his programme on GB TV I cannot stand the man and regard him as a complete prick. :rolleyes:
Well not my choice of words, but I totally agree.
It’s fine if you don’t want to be vaccinated, your kids to be vaccinated, and think the whole covid thing was hype. Just don’t use your fame online to persuade and advise others. For me he’s just a wee self opinionated unqualified idiot spouting out his nonsense, and sadly some who listened won’t be with us anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back