covid. jabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should an unvaccinated person cause one of your loved ones an awful death if they’ve been vaccinated? The unvaccinated are more at risk than the vaccinated surely although vaccinated people can still spread the virus and the vaccine isn’t now available to everyone.
Only the over 75’s or people with comorbidities are being offered them so there are a lot of vaccine waned people about.
Pretty obvious I'd have thought.

Never had one never will sorry I trust my personal immune system more than a jab never had a flu jab either I accept peoples personal choice so if you want it go for it just not for me

When I was in my 20’s I was in financial dire straights. I found out about medical trials (and the £££) and was musing offering myself up. My mum begged me not to do it. Siting potential lifetime ramification. She had a point. So I resolved my financial constraints by getting a better paying (boring) job.

Many moons later I read the data on these vaccines. I realised scientists had been playing around with the MRNA technology for over a decade. And they had done a lot of research. But that they also did not follow the usual trial practices. So I was “hesitant”.
I then read the data on the yellow card site (in which anyone could click on info for clinicians and read the trial summaries) and decided that:
If a medical trial can cause potentially life long issues the older you are the better.
If the illness the vaccine protects against has a 98% recovery rate it’s not dissimilar to flu. I’ve had flu. Not nice. But survivable. And felt so ill I would be too poorly to go near anyone. I also work alone. And lockdowns were curtailing mingling. Basically the chances of this introvert passing it on were middling on negligible.
If those who suffer greatest are those with pre existent conditions etc. Those should definitely take the plunge
If the manufacturer is indemnified and has a track record of huge legal payouts for harm my trust in them is non existent.
And if the people saying everyone should have them are silencing anyone who says otherwise it smacks of something hinky.
I’ll give it a pass.
That was, and remains my logic. Erroneous? Perhaps. But I exercise it as is my right.

I have always always maintained that if you are above a certain age, have health issues etc it’s definitely worth taking. And I see the flaw in my logic for those who don’t yet know they have a condition. But this should be a risk ASSESSMENT exercise where the risks of both sides of this coin are carefully considered, each individual choosing according to the risk they wish to mitigate. Much like undertaking a sky dive, or not. As per personal preference.

Now government statistics demonstrate ; to prevent one 50-59 year old from being hospitalised by the virus you’d need to vaccinate 250,000+ people. Vaccinating 250,000 50-59 year olds would result in 300 hospitalisations from adverse reaction.
Obvs these figures will alter as age increases/decreases. Generally speaking there is, according to figures, a 1 in 800 chance of adverse reaction (but that might include sore arm 🙄)
But let’s think about this. If you were 20 and you had a 1 in one million chance of falling foul to the virus, but a 1 in even 20000 chance of falling foul to adverse event, which should you risk? Particularly in light of more recent revelations that transmission was not part of the vaccine remit?
So I think we should all respect and honour each individuals choices based on THEIR health status, age etc. Because the only absolute truth we can all depend on is:- no one knows if there are any long term ramification to playing with MRNA and no one will ever know what would have happened if they hadn’t played with MRNA. Because there isn’t a parallel universe to compare to. And let’s be honest were it not for those choosing to not take the jab there’d be no control group for the scientists of the future to monitor the long term effects against. So in this massive scientific experiment we could argue that folk like me are providing to society at least as much as we selfishly withheld.

But the older you are the less of a problem long term effects becomes. And each individual knows what they fear deepest, no one else.

I don’t understand that reply. What are you going to call those who are no longer eligible for the vaccine and will be walking around ‘unvaccinated’ now. There are going to be a lot of these people that can infect even the vaccinated.
I qualify for a vaccine as I am immunocompromised but I’m not having one. My husband doesn’t qualify for one. I don’t have a flu vaccine either since they added the adjuvant.

Why should an unvaccinated person cause one of your loved ones an awful death if they’ve been vaccinated? The unvaccinated are more at risk than the vaccinated surely although vaccinated people can still spread the virus and the vaccine isn’t now available to everyone.
Only the over 75’s or people with comorbidities are being offered them so there are a lot of vaccine waned people about.
My experience of the unvaccinated is either:
It's a hoax.
The vaccinations have chips in
COVID isn't that dangerous so I'm not bothering
Anyone with any of the options above means they are likely not to care about passing on an infection.
Idiot views lead to idiot actions.

It's a hoax.
Anyone with any of the options above means they are likely not to care about passing on an infection.
But there are going to be lots of people ‘passing on the infection’ now due to them not being eligible for a vaccine. The vaccine only protects yourself it does not totally stop transmission. Are there not vaccinated people catching covid from other vaccinated people?
It was never tested against transmission.
So why have the government stopped vaccines for everyone?

Last edited:
But there are going to be lots of people ‘passing on the infection’ now due to them not being eligible for a vaccine. The vaccine only protects yourself it does not totally stop transmission. Are there not vaccinated people catching covid from other vaccinated people?
It was never tested against transmission.
So why have the government stopped vaccines for everyone?
They ran out of chips because of lockdown?

:ROFLMAO: :p

I just leave all this stuff to folks who are far more intelligent, far better qualified than me. If they want to give me another dose of covid vaccine, no problem, if they don’t reckon I need it, no problem. I will take my usual flue vaccine though.

It's a hoax.

A neighbours son who is 35 and says he`s fit and healthy hasn`t had any because it`s just like a bad cold and he`ll fight it off.

Both his parents have serious health issue and are always one of the first to get them, they`ve both already had the latest booster.

He says because both his parents are up to date they cannot catch it so there`s no need for him to have it.

They will not barr him from their house because he`s their only son.

A neighbours son who is 35 and says he`s fit and healthy hasn`t had any because it`s just like a bad cold and he`ll fight it off.

Both his parents have serious health issue and are always one of the first to get them, they`ve both already had the latest booster.

He says because both his parents are up to date they cannot catch it so there`s no need for him to have it.

They will not barr him from their house because he`s their only son.
Sadly there are to many experts out there Graham, to many unvalidated uneducated opinions based on what they read online, and supports their selfish attitudes. People like Neil Oliver have lost my respect. He pedals his anti vaccine stuff with no medical expertise whatsoever, and I have no doubt he is responsible for many remaining unvaccinated, and sadly dying from covid. My neighbours son is a surgeon in Aberdeen. He was on the tv during covid pleading with people to get vaccinated. He told me that over 90% of those dying or requiring serious medical intervention were unvaccinated, yet his voice is lost in the crowd whilst folk like Oliver with no medical training are listened to. If covid highlighted one thing to me it was how selfish some folk could be. Just look at how Rangers fans celebrated winning the league in George square and Glasgow city centre during covid. After this many police officers who had attended these scenes contracted covid and had to take sick leave. These people spread covid amongst themselves then took it home with them. How many died because rangers supporters behaved like this, we will never know.

Last edited:
Sadly there are to many experts out there Graham, to many unvalidated uneducated opinions based on what they read online, and supports their selfish attitudes. People like Neil Oliver have lost my respect. He pedals his anti vaccine stuff with no medical expertise whatsoever, and I have no doubt he is responsible for many remaining unvaccinated, and sadly dying from covid. My neighbours son is a surgeon in Aberdeen. He was on the tv during covid pleading with people to get vaccinated. He told me that over 90% of those dying or requiring serious medical intervention were unvaccinated, yet his voice is lost in the crowd whilst folk like Oliver with no medical training are listened to. If covid highlighted one thing to me it was how selfish some folk could be. Just look at how Rangers fans celebrated winning the league in George square and Glasgow city centre during covid. After this many police officers who had attended these scenes contracted covid and had to take sick leave. These people spread covid amongst themselves then took it home with them.

Boils my blood how stupid and selfish some people are / were. One of my close old farmer friends (John) who was vulnerable did everything he could to stay safe. Then one day in early 2021 one of his neighbours knocked on his door pestering him for something and despite the restrictions John was too polite to tell him to go away so he let him in for around ten minutes. This neighbours wife unbeknown to John was sick at home with Covid. Two weeks later and just days away from what would have been his first vaccine, John was dead. Killed effectively by an ignorant neighbour and Johns own politeness. I never quite got over that. It still makes me so angry.

Sadly there are to many experts out there Graham, to many unvalidated uneducated opinions based on what they read online, and supports their selfish attitudes. People like Neil Oliver have lost my respect. He pedals his anti vaccine stuff with no medical expertise whatsoever, and I have no doubt he is responsible for many remaining unvaccinated, and sadly dying from covid. My neighbours son is a surgeon in Aberdeen. He was on the tv during covid pleading with people to get vaccinated. He told me that over 90% of those dying or requiring serious medical intervention were unvaccinated, yet his voice is lost in the crowd whilst folk like Oliver with no medical training are listened to. If covid highlighted one thing to me it was how selfish some folk could be. Just look at how Rangers fans celebrated winning the league in George square and Glasgow city centre during covid. After this many police officers who had attended these scenes contracted covid and had to take sick leave. These people spread covid amongst themselves then took it home with them.
Appears to me NO is more about personal choice, than anti vax.

You probably seen more of his stuff than I have, so perhaps you can point me in the right direction regarding him being anti vax.

Appears to me NO is more about personal choice, than anti vax.

You probably seen more of his stuff than I have, so perhaps you can point me in the right direction regarding him being anti vax.
No I reckon you are far more into this than I am Mark.
I am just a gullible idiot who listens to what the doctors tell me.
Neil Olivers comments both online, and on GB news are about as difficult to find as your toothbrush.
As a matter of fact it would be far more difficult not to know about them, than to know about them.
And his medical qualifications are about on parr with mine.
I have nothing against him not being vaccinated, thats his choice.
A choice he removed from his teenage children.
When I want medical advice I go to a medical practitioner, not an historian who reckons the whole Covid thing was in his words Hype.

If the illness the vaccine protects against has a 98% recovery rate it’s not dissimilar to flu. I’ve had flu. Not nice. But survivable.
If those who suffer greatest are those with pre existent conditions etc. Those should definitely take the plunge
I've had the usual illnesses in childhood and into adulthood including flu, they had no lasting effect on me, however despite having no underlying medical problems (aside from osteoarthritis) CV-19 caused me both heart and pancreas problems, like millions of others I became pre diabetic. That is the reality of CV-19, it's not only causing the most obvious deaths, it's causing other long term health problems, many of which will be missed until it's too late.

No I reckon you are far more into this than I am Mark.
I am just a gullible idiot who listens to what the doctors tell me.
Neil Olivers comments both online, and on GB news are about as difficult to find as your toothbrush.
As a matter of fact it would be far more difficult not to know about them, than to know about them.
And his medical qualifications are about on parr with mine.
I have nothing against him not being vaccinated, thats his choice.
A choice he removed from his teenage children.
When I want medical advice I go to a medical practitioner, not an historian who reckons the whole Covid thing was in his words Hype.
Thats an awful lot of words to basically say, no, you can't/won't point me in the right direction. :p :LOL:

He rarely appears as a suggestion on any of the social media I use. But, the algorithms wouldn't have me down as some sort of conspiracy theorist. :)

Thats an awful lot of words to basically say, no, you can't/won't point me in the right direction. :p :LOL:

He rarely appears as a suggestion on any of the social media I use. But, the algorithms wouldn't have me down as some sort of conspiracy theorist. :)
Well you are using the wrong algorithms then. :)

You are extracting urine Mark, and dam fine you know it boy. :ROFLMAO:

His comments are major news up here, all over the papers, tv, and yes online.
Possibly as he is a Scot he gets more coverage up here.
I used to really like him, but now I don’t think I could watch any of his historical stuff, and that’s a real shame, because he is a brilliant historian and a great communicator. He should have stuck to what he is brilliant at in my honest opinion.

So if you need me to guide you towards his ant vax comments, and his covid hype hysteria, then it’s not me you need, it’s a bloody guide dog. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back