Covid Certificates for EU and nonEU residents

I can't find anywhere that the certificate is available to non EU citizens, but I may have missed it.

No it is not, from what I saw on the Covid update. There should be something on TV News channels I think.

I can't find anywhere that the certificate is available to non EU citizens, but I may have missed it.
" It should also be issued to non-EU nationals who reside in the EU and to visitors who have the right to travel to other Member States."
Think the critical word is "reside" not " non EU citizens"....:( it's Brexit...UK will have to decide whether to sort their own out.

Well France is letting you in come Friday so long as you have a negative test result within last 72 hours. Think they are feeling the pinch on tourist euros

Radio 4 today interviewed the tourism minister from Portugal and she implied this would be extended to third countries, like UK, eventually...

Let's hope this statement from the link happens sooner rather than later 🤞

The Digital Green Certificate system is a temporary measure.
It will be suspended once the World Health Organization (WHO) declares the end of the COVID-19 international health emergency.

Reactions: REC
Seems higher up the priority list than actually rolling out the vaccine.
Will hold a record of vaccine, or negative test or had covid. Can't make out what personal data it includes (no surprise there) people with out it still have freedom of movement but the DGC will assist freedom of movement. :unsure: :)
Lets hope the good people on the mainland reject it.

It didn’t mention needing the vaccine for France, just the negative test within the previous 72 hours. I can’t remember if I saw it on the news last night though or something else so can’t link

So does that mean to go to France we need to pay for a test before we go then another before we return home followed by another two while quarantined. Expensive booze cruise on that basis.

• Thank You
Reactions: REC
I read it that everytime you cross a border (Country) you need a negative PCR test within the preceeding 72 hours.
So maybe only 1 test neededd for say france going out which may bo OK for say Belgium and Germany (if you are quck
Ho quickly can yo get through Spain so yoo get one for Spain but maybget get to Portugal inside the time limit
and vice-versa for Spain and France ..then need another for UK
Yes it gets costly !

I read it that everytime you cross a border (Country) you need a negative PCR test within the preceeding 72 hours.
So maybe only 1 test neededd for say france going out which may bo OK for say Belgium and Germany (if you are quck
Ho quickly can yo get through Spain so yoo get one for Spain but maybget get to Portugal inside the time limit
and vice-versa for Spain and France ..then need another for UK
Yes it gets costly !
Your forgetting the two you'll have to pay for while in quarantine in the UK.

getting like the old days .Spain was so heavy on foreign drivers ,that even with a bail bond ,we'd buy the cheapest 3 day green card on the border ,then race for France or Portugal praying we didn't break down or hit anything on the way . i always felt relief to get out of Spain .
with this vaccine business,i guarantee the cops and customs have worked out ways of turning the laws into cash !

If you arrive in Spain overland, not by sea or air, no test required ( gov.uk website)
"Overland travellers to Spain are exempt from the above-mentioned entry requirements, and are therefore not currently required to present a PCR, TMA or LAMP test or Health Control Form on entry by road or rail".
However you arrive, and from whichever direction, one is required for France.
It is quite a costly business, hopefully those vaccinated will not have to do this if the DGC is extended to cover non-EU, non residents from third countries ( eg UK)

Hi,
Seven or eight months ago we were asked if we were willing to to take part in a test for obtaining covid information.
It was to being run jointly by the office of national statistics and Oxford university.

Thinking 'every little helps' we said yes and signed up.

Shortly afterwards we started getting medics coming to chez Dezi and giving various swab tests and every third visit we had to give blood.
After each visit we would receive a note saying that there was no sign of infection but we were still free of antibodies.

Today we had a letter saying that we are both 'positive for antibodies' and therefore immune, to a degree, of getting covid.

Todays letter will be going in the van as part of our covid certification when travelling in foreign exotic climes - Wales.

Dezi

If you look at the FAQ you can (eventually!) find this:

"At the moment, non-essential travel to the EU is restricted from third countries, except for a limited number of countries. A non-EU national who may travel to the EU can obtain a Digital Green Certificate. The non-EU national could request a Digital Green Certificate from a Member State he/she is travelling to, by providing all necessary information, including reliable proof of vaccination. The Member State would then have to assess if reliable proof has been provided and decide whether to issue a Digital Green Certificate."

There's more, but that's the essential bit, although it contains a lot of "can"s and "may"s...

Graham

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back