Couple of dates to plan towards

What about just stopping over ie wilding. That’s what a lot of the peops here want to do.

What about just stopping over ie wilding. That’s what a lot of the peops here want to do.

Don’t think it would be right to go out in the van for an overnight trip including wilding until the campsites are open then I don’t see a problem. That’s the way I see it but things are changing pretty fast especially in England. If Scotland is still closed to camping Until September and allowed in England then I feel I might be taking a trip south myself.

The stay at home LOGO has gone from the Website

Does this mean it is alright to go out and Wildcamp now ? England maybe Yes / Wales No and Scotland Probs No
Anyone who knows any sort of definitive answer would be helpful. THANKS

The stay at home LOGO has gone from the Website

Does this mean it is alright to go out and Wildcamp now ? England maybe Yes / Wales No and Scotland Probs No
Anyone who knows any sort of definitive answer would be helpful. THANKS
No. That's the definitive answer. You can't stay away from home overnight.

I have a booking at Watermouth Cove in Devon on the 12th July for a week, us in the motorhome and the rest of my family camping, going to also take the jetski with us as they launch it for us, we are all so looking forward to it, I hope Devon has opened up by then.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAW
No. That's the definitive answer. You can't stay away from home overnight.
Wonder why LOGO has gone from Website then ?? Phil must have photo edited it on and now it is off - suggesting change ?
Is the NO you have given your definitive answer or could you point me to government legislation stating such please ?

Wonder why LOGO has gone from Website then ?? Phil must have photo edited it on and now it is off - suggesting change ?
Is the NO you have given your definitive answer or could you point me to government legislation stating such please ?

The legislation if you care to look it up still states you cannot leave home without a reasonable excuse, the government have been introducing reasonable excuses since then, so unless you can find otherwise you can't overnight.

Don’t think it would be right to go out in the van for an overnight trip including wilding until the campsites are open then I don’t see a problem. That’s the way I see it but things are changing pretty fast especially in England. If Scotland is still closed to camping Until September and allowed in England then I feel I might be taking a trip south myself.

According to the plans announced today it will be at least 7 weeks before it’s possible to drive to the freedom at the border. Scottish Route Map

Thats ok ill Just sneak over the border when nobody’s looking as you know my vans quite stealthy. This will get tricky if England starts to open up and Nicola wants to keep us locked up.

Wee nippy is trying to hide the fact that she screwed up big time after the nike conference.

Thats ok ill Just sneak over the border when nobody’s looking as you know my vans quite stealthy. This will get tricky if England starts to open up and Nicola wants to keep us locked up.

I'm currently paying her off with caramel wafers to keep yo up there.😜

Cheers

H

Sites may be reporting 135% increase in bookings, and someone from the C&MC said something similar on the radio, but I had no problem booking three sites with them two days later. It sounds a bit like these things on websites shouting "nearly sold out" to me.

Sites may be reporting 135% increase in bookings, and someone from the C&MC said something similar on the radio, but I had no problem booking three sites with them two days later. It sounds a bit like these things on websites shouting "nearly sold out" to me.

I hope you are right. I just have a feeling that come July, the restrictions are lifted, we get hot sunny days like we are having now people are going to be desperate to get away and everywhere will get rammed. That might be enough to put some off though I guess. I am not that optimistic that it will happen to be honest though anyway. Will have to see what the results are of the current relaxing of restrictions.

Anyone thought of travelling during the night and sleeping during the day. I have done this once when going down to Cornwall.
Cheers. David.

Here. We don't want all you oat eating, skirt wearing lot down here filling up all our car parks and campsites just because you can't get to grips with her in charge.
I love all those from over the border and love scotland. Why complane. When you like going both of the border .(just enjoy life you only have one ). Ps they may gang up on you 🤣🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back