could be good

I really fancy a trip over to Morocco from Spain, just for a few days. We'll factor it into one of our winter Spanish trips in the next few years I think. I have never been but have read that there are campsites. If we are there a few days we can move away from the port to another town that may suit us.
I have always enjoyed my time in Morocco. Just to let you know that in 2019 I was told that there had been a clamp down on wild camping, no more lining up along the Atlantic coast. There are lots of camp sites that I understand are simple but cheap. I saw a huge one right by the sea at Sidi Ifni but I doubt you will get that far south. I know there are people who stay the whole winter in the desert camp site, blue rocks I think it is.

As a first trip we'd want nothing more adventurous than simply moving to a campsite near a town with a suq and perhaps one or two other things to look at. No great distances required either.

If we like what we see/do, we can be more adventurous the next time.

As a first trip we'd want nothing more adventurous than simply moving to a campsite near a town with a suq and perhaps one or two other things to look at. No great distances required either.

If we like what we see/do, we can be more adventurous the next time.

Might be worth looking at Chefchaouen. Due to the blue buildings it's very touristy, which isn't a bad thing really because it allows you to ease into the moroccan style without it being too full on. Campsite is at the top of the hill, doesn't get good reports on camper contact, but I though it was ok, certainly not the worst over there.

https://goo.gl/maps/xvmEs3Vg9bjsBXZS9

Reactions: GMJ
The campsite in Marrakesh is brilliant, swimming pool and restaurant.
Chechouan, the Blue city has an amazing campsite.
Zagora again really good campsites
Ouarzarte again walled campsite brilliant.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back