Cost of professional conversion

Gee

Free Member
Hello again,

As you may be aware from yesterday's post and the ongoing saga with ERS insurance after writing my van off as Cat C total loss, they (and me) are finding it difficult to find a replacement value my Citroen Relay LWB 2006 conversion due to it being a 4 berth with a fixed bed and under 6 metres. There are no similar age/mileage/spec vans around to use for examples.

One option that has been discussed is for them to pay out the value of a similar replacement van and the cost of having it professionally converted to similar spec.
They will give me the option to buy back and retain my van so I can use the expensive parts (340w solar, 2 mppt controllers, sterling b2b charger with 2 Trojan batteries, gaslow LPG system, waeco cr50 etc) to put into a replacement van.

So my question is how much (ballpark) have people paid for a professional full conversion (must be a registered business) for a lwb full height van.
Pm me if you rather with any figures.

I tried a search of recent posts but no luck.

We brought our Renault master Devon (monte carlo) conversion earlier this year for about £15000 and that is a 4 berth under 6 metres if that helps. :wave:

Does it your self much cheaper more fun and you get what you want where you want it in a conversion you may get things your paying for you don't need or want

Does it your self much cheaper more fun and you get what you want where you want it in a conversion you may get things your paying for you don't need or want

I've done my own conversions but the insurance are basing the settlement figure on a professional conversion.

I had a quote to convert a ducato lwb high top £11000 fixed bed, shower toilet, blown heating / hot water combined, fridge , waste tank but I could have bought a hymer coach built on a transit 2007 for £15000

We brought our Renault master Devon (monte carlo) conversion earlier this year for about £15000 and that is a 4 berth under 6 metres if that helps. :wave:

And is that with a fixed bed though like mine?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back