Corsica trip May 2024

The Hawk

We are spending 20 or so days in Corsica this May/June. We are travelling in a VW T6 Camper.
We will use our ACSI card as necessary, and have booked a ‘SUN HOLIDAY’( Eurocamp) 4 night stay upon arrival.on the Island.
I’ve checked the POI and not much shows up for Corsica. Does anyone have recent experience of wild/ free/ cheap overnight stops? I have the usual Apps but wanted to seek any 1st hand recent good/ bad experiences from this Group.
Thanks in advance for any tips

Graham & Sue

We are spending 20 or so days in Corsica this May/June. We are travelling in a VW T6 Camper.
We will use our ACSI card as necessary, and have booked a ‘SUN HOLIDAY’( Eurocamp) 4 night stay upon arrival.on the Island.
I’ve checked the POI and not much shows up for Corsica. Does anyone have recent experience of wild/ free/ cheap overnight stops? I have the usual Apps but wanted to seek any 1st hand recent good/ bad experiences from this Group.
Thanks in advance for any tips

Graham & Sue
Hi, we did Corsica & Sardinia back in 2019. Unfortunately wild camping on both islands isn't allowed and rangers do patrol.
There are plenty cheap sites and Aires however if you do some simple Internet searches.
To be honest it didn't spoil our enjoyment as there is still plenty to do and see.
We got the ferry from Marseille and travelled in a T5 with an oz tent for an extended living space. ( great bit of kit though a bit military looking !)

I travelled to Corsica and Sardinia in Sep/Oct 2019. They're not as easy as some places to wildcamp but I managed using various apps and only stopped at 3 campsites and an official aire in about 6 weeks. Beautiful islands I would like to visit again.

Hi, we did Corsica & Sardinia back in 2019. Unfortunately wild camping on both islands isn't allowed and rangers do patrol.
There are plenty cheap sites and Aires however if you do some simple Internet searches.
To be honest it didn't spoil our enjoyment as there is still plenty to do and see.
We got the ferry from Marseille and travelled in a T5 with an oz tent for an extended living space. ( great bit of kit though a bit military looking !)
Thanks for your comments/ experiences

Graham and Sue

I travelled to Corsica and Sardinia in Sep/Oct 2019. They're not as easy as some places to wildcamp but I managed using various apps and only stopped at 3 campsites and an official aire in about 6 weeks. Beautiful islands I would like to visit again.
Thanks for your comments/ advice

Graham & Sue

We went to Corsica and Sardinia in 2018.Thoroughly enjoyed both islands.

On Corsica we found several wild camp spots in the mountains.Also a few beach car parks.What aires we saw were expensive so didn't bother. There were plenty of water fountains where we could fill up with water.

Sardinia had some aires, all free when we were there.

Both islands had good supermarkets in main towns.

Both islands were small enough that you could return to a previous spot without too much mileage.

Enjoy.

We went to Corsica and Sardinia in 2018.Thoroughly enjoyed both islands.

On Corsica we found several wild camp spots in the mountains.Also a few beach car parks.What aires we saw were expensive so didn't bother. There were plenty of water fountains where we could fill up with water.

Sardinia had some aires, all free when we were there.

Both islands had good supermarkets in main towns.

Both islands were small enough that you could return to a previous spot without too much mileage.

Enjoy.
Thanks for your reply.
Regards
Graham & Sue

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back