Cornwall G7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading there as we speak . Half term holidays probably be my biggest problem
Thought all I had to do was dodge bank holiday !

No problems on A30 today
M5 around Bristol was a bit of a crawl
Parked up , semi legally , in favourite spot
Parking system is down so even better , free
How are things looking down there?
Thinking of heading down that way on Thursday morning.
If it's too swamped with people I might head east instead!

How are things looking down there?
Thinking of heading down that way on Thursday morning.
If it's too swamped with people I might head east instead!
I'm in st Ives which is very busy (big surprise) . May well calm down tourist wise by the weekend . G7 restrictions may affect you , it is certainly possible that it could be quiet because people will avoid the area ?
Apparently 6000 police coming into the area . Advance guard is here today .

I'm in st Ives which is very busy (big surprise) . May well calm down tourist wise by the weekend . G7 restrictions may affect you , it is certainly possible that it could be quiet because people will avoid the area ?
Apparently 6000 police coming into the area . Advance guard is here today .
Thanks for this... Expected it to be busy but was concerned it might be uncomfortably so.

We are heading towards Hayle/Gwithian tomorrow morning. Managed to book a CL to escape to so should be all good.

6500 extra police to be housed in luxury cruise ship at Falmouth during the G7 summit

Saw 5 large police vans in convoy passing thru Truro this afternoon
Left St Ives on Friday thinking I had timed it well !
A30 was a nightmare . Aforementioned road works don't appear to be actually on the road but it took 4 hours to get out of Cornwall
M5 just as bad . Over 6 hours driving on Friday , travelled 120 miles

Helicopters flying in and out here every evening
Joe Bidens helicopter arrived here this week in large transport plane Screenshot 2021-06-09 11.39.45.png
+
Seven of President Joe Biden's aircraft have been spotted at Exeter Airport ahead of the G7 summit in Cornwall this week.

Four V-22 Ospreys and three American C-130's were seen flying low over Exeter before making a landing on the runway on Friday (June 4).

We are heading down to Porthleven area on Friday for a few nights, but are going to set off late on Thursday night and travel down through the night, A303/M5/A30 etc, hopefully miss all the traffic.
lot of people say we’re mad, but once there, are happy to park up and explore on foot, and by the time we want to come back, hopefully all the excitement will have finished😉

All I can say is thank god I am on a motorbike. The police are blocking roads now and just turning vehicles around without any consideration about alternative routes. It's basically your not coming down here now, go away. You can travel miles down a road and just be tuned around. Roads that were usable this morning are no longer usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back