Cornwall council car parks from 1st Nov

Living in Cheshire, can't get a decent Oggie up here at all, so took to making my own, my crimping is shite but they taste lovely

Attachments

• 20200518_134602.jpg
    20200518_134602.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Leaving for two weeks destination Kent and back through Sussex. Next trip likely to be Cornwall end Nov / early Dec. Have had a very quick look at some of the coastal CRs on the south. Many seems to be at the end of dead-end roads and NT. No signs of any barriers or restriction notices in Google Earth (yes, I know this can be very dated) but they appear to be just what we like. It is likely that the council car parks are in / near towns so ok for a daytime visit but overnight we prefer to be somewhere remote and preferably on our own!

Spotted on Google earth some council car parks in Cornwall are free from 1st Nov to 31st March, noticeably Towan headland car park Newqay.

Can any Cornish members advise on the odd overnighting stop here during winter, plus beach car parks I.e Treyarnon, Harlyn Bay etc. Realise any other time of the year overnighting at these places you would be hung drawn and quartered.
Can’t understand why some councils forbid overnight parking in out of season parking we bring revenues to local businesses which helps these communities

One of the 'girls' that used to go the the youth club Jan ran decades ago now owns Cornish Pod, who make some very tasty, decently sized oggies -- if you're ever around on the Rame Peninsula! However, I suspect that they only sell the decently sized ones from their shop next to the Salty Dog café.

I didn't want to say that, both because it might be misconstrued as politics and also because I've searched and couldn't find a direct connection between councillors and campsites. The crazy thing is that available pitches are like rocking-horse manure for much of the year and so wild camping motorhomers would be increasing the GDP of the region without reducing campsite profits. This is particularly so during the school holidays (when demand massively exceeds supply) and during the winter months (when almost all the campsites are closed, thus massively restricting supply).
Give me a call Mill Meadow Campsite l have hard standing if site is too wet.

Give me a call Mill Meadow Campsite l have hard standing if site is too wet.
I might take you up on that if you have clear horizons and EHU if you're the site just NW of St Kew. We're looking for somewhere to set up for stargazing on clear nights now that Colliford Lake is barriered off.

Cornwall Council don't allow motorhomes to be parked over night whether occupied or not this was introduced as it was to difficult for enforcement officers to confirm occupation. Now they drive around with a NPR camera Car so no warnings just a ticket in the post
Just saw this today Cornwall Council's nice little earner

In total Cornwall issued 34,675 parking tickets in the year from April 2019 to March 2020.

Some car parks in Cornwall are privately owned. You can overnight, for a fee, on the main car parks at Tintagel and Mevagissey. There are a few others. Sadly the majority Are run by Cornwall Council which is the most anti-motorhome council in the country. They’d rather their car parks were empty in the winter than allow motorhomes. Thankfully there a plenty of places to wild and lots of pub stopovers.

Some car parks in Cornwall are privately owned. You can overnight, for a fee, on the main car parks at Tintagel and Mevagissey. There are a few others. Sadly the majority Are run by Cornwall Council which is the most anti-motorhome council in the country. They’d rather their car parks were empty in the winter than allow motorhomes. Thankfully there a plenty of places to wild and lots of pub stopovers.
here and here and here. ok here gose, not nice move on, show 2 fingers, with peace and love, ok.pj.

Malcolm Barnecutts in Bodmin sell raw frozen pasties in boxes of 6 to take away and keep in your freezer, then thaw them out and cook them yourselves. I often pop in there and get a couple of boxes if I’m nearby.

Leaving for two weeks destination Kent and back through Sussex. Next trip likely to be Cornwall end Nov / early Dec. Have had a very quick look at some of the coastal CRs on the south. Many seems to be at the end of dead-end roads and NT. No signs of any barriers or restriction notices in Google Earth (yes, I know this can be very dated) but they appear to be just what we like. It is likely that the council car parks are in / near towns so ok for a daytime visit but overnight we prefer to be somewhere remote and preferably on our own!
Most of the NT car parks I have seen state no overnight parking.

Most of the NT car parks I have seen state no overnight parking.
They are having a lean time just like a lot of attractions so Try a email to them suggesting they allow overnight stays I did and they thanked me for the suggestion If they got several they might get to see the opportunity their missing

They are having a lean time just like a lot of attractions so Try a email to them suggesting they allow overnight stays I did and they thanked me for the suggestion If they got several they might get to see the opportunity their missing
The NT's 'no overnight parking' restriction has been recently discussed. Apparently, this is for insurance purposes and also to avoid falling foul of the 1960 anti-caravan planning regulations. Explicitly refusing permission probably meets the terms of their insurance and also the letter of the 1960 Act. However, unless there is a physical barrier or patrolling wardens, it might be a case of "what the eye doesn't see..." (not that I condone going against a landowner's expressed wishes).

Just get that email off if they get enough they may reconsider their approach to motorhomes when they see the business opportunity their missing
here's the address enquiries@nationaltrust.org.uk And their Web site https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/
I already contacted them to say that I was interested in joining and saw visiting their properties as something to do on the way to and on the way back from music festivals. I said that I would be in the moho and so would need to overnight. They advised that overnight parking was not permitted at any of their properties, to which I replied that I would be interested in joining should that change, that I'd also be prepared to pay a nominal additional fee to be permitted to spend the night in their car parks, and asked them to contact me should that become possible.

car parks do not allow MH, so that means I will carry on parking in quiet roads away from houses.
if you no the way, to cornwall, then you should no a bright spot to stay, i do, well away from c/parks and camp shits. oh yes they dont want your money, and i dont
want to pay them , oh a camping we will go, ho ho ho. keep safe. ok.pj.

Spotted on Google earth some council car parks in Cornwall are free from 1st Nov to 31st March, noticeably Towan headland car park Newqay.
Can any Cornish members advise on the odd overnighting stop here during winter, plus beach car parks I.e Treyarnon, Harlyn Bay etc. Realise any other time of the year overnighting at these places you would be hung drawn and quartered.
Cornwall Council will be pleased if you use their carparks nice little earner for them

Plenty of places to stay, as quoted in another Cornish thread some campsites are as cheap as chips. Just have to do extra research in finding ones open over winter, assuming compliance to covid restrictions.
Just a shame Cornish councils do not embrace us as a valid assets to businesses

I see the council car parks in Oakham (Rutland) all say 'no camping, no sleeping, no cooking and no staying overnight' and the killer - no vehicles over 5.5m.

I'm relatively alright in my Ducato PVC and genrerally sleep wherever I damn well please and get away with it - can't imagine what it's like being in the bulkier MH's. I think I would feel very conspicuous.

As it happens I stayed in the car park near the castle park and only saw the sign this morning, no ticket for me but it is easy to predict that as cameras and data become cheaper and cheaper we will all be infinitely controlled with automatic fines in all but the most remote places. Council control freaks need to be reigned in - our liberty is being eroded day by day.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back