cooking advice...

Snapster

Don’t cook scallops in your van in an open pan when it’s raining and all the windows are shut. We did, 4 weeks ago and I can still smell them in the van now........
The smell is going, gradually, but I can’t believe how the after effect lingers, even while using the van and leaving everything open when we aren’t ( weather and location permitting)
Otherwise, scallops are fantastic, but probably best cooked outside.....

We have and no smell!
1) Frozen ... We were given some frozen scallops by a hand diver from Guernsey that we met in Croatia and then Greece ... just yummy.
2) Fresh ... Bought extremely large ones in Orkney and so huge we couldn't eat them all

Were yours fresh? We often cook fish too. Unless we have no sense of smell? Actually we must have, as one of the dogs is letting rip and can smell that!

Pan fried sardines in butter and garlic was what caused a fairly long lasting aroma in our van! Another for the outside!

We have and no smell!
1) Frozen ... We were given some frozen scallops by a hand diver from Guernsey that we met in Croatia and then Greece ... just yummy.
2) Fresh ... Bought extremely large ones in Orkney and so huge we couldn't eat them all

Were yours fresh? We often cook fish too. Unless we have no sense of smell? Actually we must have, as one of the dogs is letting rip and can smell that!

They were fresh, just bought from a local fishmonger, and huge. I dropped one through the gap on the stove above the grill pan. Pretty sure I got it all out, there’s no smell coming from it, but we don’t use the grill.
It’s a very faint whiff, but still there. Going to give it a good clean, top to bottom, now we are home for a couple of weeks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back