Cooker problem need advice

Jimhunterj4

My cooker was working perfect this morning cooking brekkies on a wild camp, got home and went to turn on the cooker and for some reason there's no gas comng out of the rings or oven, the gas bottle is full and the heating and hot water works, the inline stop valves are all on it just seems as though the gas isn't coming through the cooker ?????. Puzzled .. Any ideas guys ? Cheers in advance..Jim

First off I would try firing up other gas fed appliances, fire/hot water heater. This could help clear a possible air lock problem. If that doesn't help and they themselves don't work, then it might be a regulator problem. Easy to replace.
Just reread.....you've tried that, oops. Regulator then.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off I would try firing up other gas fed appliances, fire/hot water heater. This could help clear a possible air lock problem. If that doesn't help and they themselves don't work, then it might be a regulator problem. Easy to replace.

I had the heating, hot water and the fridge working no problem mate, tried disconnecting the gas at the bottle and refitting it but to no avail, the regulator is a silver chunky thing screwed to the top of the locker

If there's a glass lid on the hob make sure the lid is fully back. There's a safety cutoff on the lid so it will shut off the gas if the lid is closed when a ring is alight. Hope this works for you as we were embarrassingly caught this way a few years ago.

I'm not saying it is the problem, but seem to remember people having problems with these kind of regulators in the past.

Something to do with oil in the gas blocking the regulator??
These regulators seem more prone to blocking than the other type?

Just a thought.

Also, I'm buggered if I can remember what people did to cure the problem, so if it is this, then your stuffed for an answer!!

Marg

No disrespect, but have you tried a wire brush on the rings, perhaps, they might have got clogged up, or, another thing can you hear or smell gas, if not, then the prob could be inline, or you have not waited long enough for the gas to pull through, where is the gas bottle located,bearing in mind it needs to circulate, and if the cooker is last in line it will get the supply last, we had not been in ours for 6 weeks, until last week,and had a nightmare in getting hob to work, also is have you have a glass cover over hob, is it fully pushed back.

If there's a glass lid on the hob make sure the lid is fully back. There's a safety cutoff on the lid so it will shut off the gas if the lid is closed when a ring is alight. Hope this works for you as we were embarrassingly caught this way a few years ago.

That's good advice, I suspected there was a lid switch but wasn't sure, will try that one before I go any farther, thanks

No disrespect, but have you tried a wire brush on the rings, perhaps, they might have got clogged up, or, another thing can you hear or smell gas, if not, then the prob could be inline, or you have not waited long enough for the gas to pull through, where is the gas bottle located,bearing in mind it needs to circulate, and if the cooker is last in line it will get the supply last, we had not been in ours for 6 weeks, until last week,and had a nightmare in getting hob to work, also is have you have a glass cover over hob, is it fully pushed back.

The whole cooker has really never been used it's like brand new, I'm thinking when I get back home from work on Friday I will try to locate the glass hood switch cheers

Many cookers don't have lid cut out switches even new year one's, I would suspect the flexy to the cooker is blocked as nothing on the cooker works if you can remove pipe from the cooker to check for gas pressure,if you are not happy to remove the cooker I would consider an expert.

Last edited:
We had same problem, did all the things that people have told you above and then put the lid down but decided to give it another go and low and behold it worked, it was the lid wasn't back far enough.

Hob oven failure

Do you have 1 or 2 gas bottles and regulators?

As your other gas appliances are working then forget looking at regulators etc. Have a good look at the cooker and ensure the top is opening properly.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back