Contacting your council

GARY ENGLISH

About six months ago i sent a letter to our local council.It was one i copied from graham ,as he suggeted.Unfortunate, i have not had a reply.If graham reads this, if he as any more advice would be helpful and i will try again.

About six months ago i sent a letter to our local council.It was one i copied from graham ,as he suggeted.Unfortunate, i have not had a reply.If graham reads this, if he as any more advice would be helpful and i will try again.

Yes Gary. Complain to the Chief Executive, enclosing a copy of the original letter if possible.

If you actually asked for information then non-reply means that the council has breached the Freedom of Information Act - and you can threaten to complain to the Information Commissioner.

If your letter didn't actually ask for information you should still have received a reply, even if it was just along the lines of "thanks, we'll bear it in mind". In that case you could threaten to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Chief executives normally take such threats seriously. Details of how to make complaints should be on the council's web site.

Graham

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back