Connection for Inverter

Kontiki

I'm looking for a way I can connect inverter to leisure batteries via some sort of plug. At the moment I'm using clips & have to leave the seat up while charging. Ideally I would like a plug & socket but want something better than a cigarette type plug. I only need the inverter for charging the battery on my mobility scooter. The inverter is 700 watts & works fine, difficult to mount it permanently anywhere close to batteries.

I'm looking for a way I can connect inverter to leisure batteries via some sort of plug. At the moment I'm using clips & have to leave the seat up while charging. Ideally I would like a plug & socket but want something better than a cigarette type plug. I only need the inverter for charging the battery on my mobility scooter. The inverter is 700 watts & works fine, difficult to mount it permanently anywhere close to batteries.
The way I like to do this kind of thing is using the 50A Anderson Plugs. Very good reliable connection when made, will handle the current and is a simple pull to disconnect.
Here is a link to a set on Amazon - https://amzn.to/3vbCSDp
You will need a decent crimper (or solder and blowtorch) to make the pins up, but once made well will last forever.

I have mine hard wired through a trip 12v fuse, and then a plug fused to a 3 pin socket where its easy to get at.
fuse trips.png

Don't have crimper or blowtorch & my small soldering iron not up to the job, do they have something similar with screw terminals.
Not enough space by batteries to hard wire it.

Don't have crimper or blowtorch & my small soldering iron not up to the job, do they have something similar with screw terminals.
Wildebus would likely be able to sort you out something pre-wired for a very cost effective price....

Or ebay etchttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325100232425?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=O_F44t3XRya&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=YfypchSpRwS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Above is screw fix at each end, to crimp just insert the wire and use a block chisel and hammer on a vice or steel block.

What kind of connections do the wires into the inverter have? Rings? clamps? maybe post up a photo of the inverter terminals and the battery terminals?

The inverter wires are ring type. The batteries are post terminals with clamp connectors.
Hopefully if rain ever stops plan on going away for Easter so have a good think for easiest solution. Thanks for the replies given me a few ideas, will also see if I can fit the inverter close to hardwire it with a switch.

The inverter wires are ring type. The batteries are post terminals with clamp connectors.
Hopefully if rain ever stops plan on going away for Easter so have a good think for easiest solution. Thanks for the replies given me a few ideas, will also see if I can fit the inverter close to hardwire it with a switch.
With the Clamp connectors (generally only used for temporary connections - not ideal TBH) you will likely have the cables twisted together and squashed down.
What you ideally need is a decent size cable (I would use 16mm2 minimum for a 750W inverter) end to end, as short as feasible, with a fuse holder for protection close to the battery (the inverter will be fused, but that is to protect the inverter. the fuse close to the battery is to protect the cable), and if not permanent, a Anderson plug (preferably) to make connecting it as simple and foolproof as possible.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back