Confused

GreggBear

Now I don't know if its just me, but I'm sat here watching 'another' campervan based programme on TV. Susan Calman driving around in a ikkle Bambi type camper, extolling the virtues of campervan travel.
Seems to me the more anti motorhome behaviour we see from the authorities, the more 'celebrity' campervanners there are coming out of the woodwork. Every day now there seems to be somebody famous driving a campervan on TV, is there some sort of mathematical equation to explain this phenomenon?
Something like "the amount of negative spin is inversely proportional to the amount of positive celebrity interaction"....🐻😉

It's because they haven't been able to go to more exotic places, (motorhoming is more exotic than B&Bs). Last year all the celebs where walking round the coast.
Earlier this year Joanna Lumley was spotted on Redcar beach with a Microlite.

It’s been a big thing on Youtube for a few years but it’s now swamped with motorhomers and van lifers looking for same viewers and subscribers. it’s overloaded so you find yourself not even watching anything because the Content is crap it’s only purpose is so the poster can make money from YouTube and sponsors they are becoming 10 minutes adverts. Unless you know them personally like our own celebrity campers the Radfords I don’t watch any of it now. The Tv stuff is just filling a gap until they can film shows like Brits getting pissed in the sun. I think Shane Ritchie (Eastenders) takes it seriously he’s had a motorhome for years.

Why can't tv be informative and nice, rather than pandering to the sick desires of lower forms of life? The with the current fashion of protecting the environment by pushing even more tat on us that nobody needs?

Seems that TV drop onto a winning formula then do it to death, like the above and exactly why I watch so little of it. Once every blue moon they will show something that is a 'must watch,' [depending on your interests] like last nights documentary on Frank Zappa on BBC4. It took years to make and the end product reflected that, it was utterly brilliant.

Anyway, time to tape Ru Pauls Drag Race :unsure:(n) - sod that!

It’s been a big thing on Youtube for a few years but it’s now swamped with motorhomers and van lifers looking for same viewers and subscribers. it’s overloaded so you find yourself not even watching anything because the Content is crap it’s only purpose is so the poster can make money from YouTube and sponsors they are becoming 10 minutes adverts. Unless you know them personally like our own celebrity campers the Radfords I don’t watch any of it now. The Tv stuff is just filling a gap until they can film shows like Brits getting pissed in the sun. I think Shane Ritchie (Eastenders) takes it seriously he’s had a motorhome for years.
Yup little worse than someone rattling on for ages about stuff they think others should find interesting....
Frankly most of the ones I've wasted a few brief seconds on were like watching paint dry....
Often filled with half truths and misleading info whilst they feed their own egos.

Last edited:
If you had access to the cutting room, I bet there would be more interest on the floor due to the boss wanting to pander to millennials as they are supposed to be the monied generation now.

Current TV ads are the same......usually a VW in shot. Saw a Christmas ad yesterday,, mainly lights, baubles and tinsel with a bedecked van outside, wtf.

There is this thing now about chasing fame. Personally, I’ve no desire to be famous. Social media has given everyone a platform to promote themselves, gawd in heaven knows why..
Andy Warhol once said ‘in the future, everyone will be world famous for fifteen minutes’. Van life has become the thing now, frankly I’ve no desire to follow someone’s blog. It’s a bit like folk sending pics of what they’re about to eat, why would they think I’d be interested? There again I’m an old fart now, perhaps if I was young I’d be desperate to promote my life style.
So, get yourself a camper and you too can be famous (in your own backyard)......

There is this thing now about chasing fame. Personally, I’ve no desire to be famous. Social media has given everyone a platform to promote themselves, gawd in heaven knows why..
Andy Warhol once said ‘in the future, everyone will be world famous for fifteen minutes’. Van life has become the thing now, frankly I’ve no desire to follow someone’s blog. It’s a bit like folk sending pics of what they’re about to eat, why would they think I’d be interested? There again I’m an old fart now, perhaps if I was young I’d be desperate to promote my life style.
So, get yourself a camper and you too can be famous (in your own backyard)......
I know. It was terrible when Facebook was down the other week. :(

I had to go along the street knocking on doors to show my neighbours what I had for my tea. It was cold by the time I finished. :(

Now I don't know if its just me, but I'm sat here watching 'another' campervan based programme on TV. Susan Calman driving around in a ikkle Bambi type camper, extolling the virtues of campervan travel.
Seems to me the more anti motorhome behaviour we see from the authorities, the more 'celebrity' campervanners there are coming out of the woodwork. Every day now there seems to be somebody famous driving a campervan on TV, is there some sort of mathematical equation to explain this phenomenon?
Something like "the amount of negative spin is inversely proportional to the amount of positive celebrity interaction"....🐻😉
You could be on to something there Gregg. I am quite happy to see celebs in motorhomes, yes the shows may not be our cup of tea, but they do help repair our severely damaged image. Susan Calman, and Paul Merton have done us more good than any harm (if any).
But as you pointed out, it's ironic that the very people who decry us, now want to make programs extolling the virtues of our past time.:unsure:

Your not a royal are you Trev :)
The only royal I know is the hospital in Belfast. 😂
colquitt coat of arms.png

I've not bothered watching it but feel I should point out that Susan Calman is not "driving around in a ikkle Bambi type camper" but in a Romahome demountable.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back