Condensation!!!

moelfreligwy

Hello
New to this forum and was wondering how to keep condensation away / less
I have a diesel night heater which works wonders on the windows but on my water holding tanks it’s terrible! As I just found out last night I thought I had a leak ( water on the floor ) but it was condensation on my plastic water barrels dripping down from the condensation on the outside of the barrels ?
I know the obvious thing is open windows ps I’m wilding in snowdonia at mo it’s -5 at night !
Any suggestions please would be appreciated as it’s doing my nut in keep mopping up !

Hi,

Cure for condensation is heat and ventilation. Even when just sleeping at night a roof vent needs to be just open. This will allow the warm moist air to condense outside at the highest point.
Condensation is warm moist air condensing on a cold surface ......you water tanks! or metal surfaces, cold bridges , windows etc.
To cure the problem with your water storeage, you need to insulate the tanks/containers and protect from moisture....say wrap with blanket/towel etc., then cover with poly bag.
The cause of all this moisture is yourself.......wet clothing, wet boots, method of cooking (steaming pans with no lids,kettles etc.) clothes washing, bathing, showering, breathing.etc.

Alec.

Hi,

Cure for condensation is heat and ventilation. Even when just sleeping at night a roof vent needs to be just open. This will allow the warm moist air to condense outside at the highest point.
Condensation is warm moist air condensing on a cold surface ......you water tanks! or metal surfaces, cold bridges , windows etc.
To cure the problem with your water storeage, you need to insulate the tanks/containers and protect from moisture....say wrap with blanket/towel etc., then cover with poly bag.
The cause of all this moisture is yourself.......wet clothing, wet boots, method of cooking (steaming pans with no lids,kettles etc.) clothes washing, bathing, showering, breathing.etc.

Alec.
will try the towel thing thank you for reply

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back