computer assistance reqd

t&s

when using tomtom home i have to adjust the screen resoloution to see the whole page i normaly use 800 to 600 setting
but have to change to 1024 to 768 to get the full view of tomtom home as it is not on ie so i cant adjust the % at the bottom of page has any one any idesa how i can see the whole page without having to change resoloution settings
cheers terry

Have you tried using the zoom control bottom right, just above the time. Click on the tiny down arrow and select reduce, 75% or 50%;):rolleyes::D

tried that i cant do it
as tomtom home is not in internet explorer

I've had a few programmes with screen resolution requirements like yours, both of my Mercedes parts and maintenance programmes do that.

The screen resolution seems to be hard programmed for use with large format VDUs - something that a lot of web designers seem to use nowadays as well - so you end up with screen views extending beyond the physical screen width of the older style and smaller sized VDUs. Or views that get resized and the resolution drops.

Unless there is a screen resolution option in the programme preferences tab, I dont hold out much hope for being able to change it via the programme. You can attach a little batch file to the programme icon which will reset screen resolution prior to starting the programme. Do a lookup on .bat filea or batch files for some sort of tutorial.

If you have access to a large format screen you can check whether my guess is right or not.

I've had a few programmes with screen resolution requirements like yours, both of my Mercedes parts and maintenance programmes do that.

The screen resolution seems to be hard programmed for use with large format VDUs - something that a lot of web designers seem to use nowadays as well - so you end up with screen views extending beyond the physical screen width of the older style and smaller sized VDUs. Or views that get resized and the resolution drops.

Unless there is a screen resolution option in the programme preferences tab, I dont hold out much hope for being able to change it via the programme. You can attach a little batch file to the programme icon which will reset screen resolution prior to starting the programme. Do a lookup on .bat filea or batch files for some sort of tutorial.

If you have access to a large format screen you can check whether my guess is right or not.

thanks rodger i think you are right ile try what you sujest

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back