Comfort insurance

Mobilvetta

Just taken out a policy with Comfort a month or so ago, think it is underwritten by Aviva insurance, I need to ring them Monday as I have had a modification in the way of air ride on the back axle and it up-plated since getting the policy and also had a tow bar fitted, has anyone else done this and we're you charged extra insurance when you informed them. I am going to ring them on Monday and tell them about the other mods I am thinking of fitting, them being a second leisure battery fitted and the Alugas refillable bottle if there are any good offers at the NEC, to see if this will effect my insurance, cheers David

Just taken out a policy with Comfort a month or so ago, think it is underwritten by Aviva insurance, I need to ring them Monday as I have had a modification in the way of air ride on the back axle and it up-plated since getting the policy and also had a tow bar fitted, has anyone else done this and we're you charged extra insurance when you informed them. I am going to ring them on Monday and tell them about the other mods I am thinking of fitting, them being a second leisure battery fitted and the Alugas refillable bottle if there are any good offers at the NEC, to see if this will effect my insurance, cheers David

Just be careful with Comfort , they lost me 9 years no claims discount when I was with them , make sure you send them any no claims discount you have earned as they wont ask for it ,then when you leave them they only give you what you have had with them .

I also had problems with comfort no claims discount, something to do with only giving 2 year's NCD...Worth investigating.

Just be careful with Comfort , they lost me 9 years no claims discount when I was with them , make sure you send them any no claims discount you have earned as they wont ask for it ,then when you leave them they only give you what you have had with them .

Me too,they don't want you to leave them so make it difficult obtaining proof of no claims.I moved to caravan guard and was struggling to obtain proof of NCD even though I hadn't had any claims.A supervisor at CG was very helpful and did all the ringing round for me.Might be an idea to ask Comfort if when leaving them that they will provide proof of earned NCD before taking out a policy with them.

Many motorhome policies do not offer a no claim discount.

Consequently when you change insurer there is no transferable discount.

However, on request, the insurer should provide a letter to confirm that there have been no policy claims during the life of the policy. This letter may prove useful in ensuring a competitive quote from another insurer.

Brokers/insurers may offer a discount on a new policy based on a provable record that no claims have been made. This may extend to no claims made on a car policy.

Yep, lost my accumulated NCB here too,,& Make sure you do actually read the clauses in your insurance policy, The insurance policy that they hooked me up with required me to be a member of a Registered car club with my Motorhome, Very quirky !..

i try

i tried then went to another company,just got a better deal less money, not my cup of tea, pj

thats

thats a bout right ,pj

sounds

When I first joined Comfort, I sent them proof of my many years of no claims and when I left them two years later, they supplied me with letter proof that I had two more extra years. The letter confirmed all of my many years on no claims and was accepted by Saga.
I have since returned to Comfort as I don't see any problem.
One thing to note.
Comfort will not send proof that you have not claimed, until AFTER your policy has expired!

sounds a bout, right oh me, no thanks you gets what you look for,id sooner go to a company up front, you,s you foot move them to one side best of luck,pj

Why bother with Comfort, get a quote from AIB, you may be pleasantly surprised.

They saved me £100s.

They saved me £100s.

Couldn’t get anywhere near my current insurer, Caravan Gaurd for the second year in a row. Not sure why as when I do the annual google search before renewing most Insurers are somewhere near the Caravan Gaurd qoute but not enough of a saving to arse on changing.

Spoken to Comfort insurance this morning to let them know what extras I have had fitted since buying the policy and no mention that there will be an additional surcharge, they just made a note of the changes on my file and that was it.

I have contacted AIB

They saved me £100s.

They have contacted me.

I have answered their questions but they have never, repeat never replied with a formal quote/proposal !

They have contacted me.

I have answered their questions but they have never, repeat never replied with a formal quote/proposal !
They don't I can confirm, yet nust know which insurer they are proposing otherwise couldn't give a verbal quote, I suspect it is so they cant be dragged in a dutch auction giving a written quote that will be beaten by another broker though them admitting that's the reason is doubtful

Channa

Spoken to Comfort insurance this morning to let them know what extras I have had fitted since buying the policy and no mention that there will be an additional surcharge, they just made a note of the changes on my file and that was it.

Our MH is insured with Comfort, we have also upped the max weight and fitted air assist and were told the same, no extra charge or anything.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back