Cold nights

tordcamper

Hello everyone can anyone suggest how to keep warm at night we do have a gas heater but dont know if its safe to leave on all night

If it an indirect like these its 100% safe, if a open flame like a superser dont or it may well be a very very long sleep.

Attachments

• gas heater a.png
    gas heater a.png
    290.3 KB · Views: 84
  • gas heater b.png
    gas heater b.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 79
We don't run any heater at night as it is warm enough under the quilt, what set up have you got, is it a coach built or a self build. If a self build, what is your insulation like, what are the sleeping arrangements (nothing intermit) is your bed off the deck, is it a proper mattress, what tog quilt are you using.

Personally, we are in a coach built and I think it's pretty warm in winter and cool in summer so we have good insulation, we use a 13 tog quilt in winter and keep a lightweight blank at hand just in case we need that bit extra, on a freezing cold night we will drape a blanket across the cab to stop any draughts and we always leave the removable carpets down to keep the floor warm.

Fit a eberspacher....you won't look back.

I hate being cold and especially when away.... Extra clothes/hot water bottles/pyjamas etc can all go and get lost...

I want it warm enough that I can wander around in the van in the nip if I like (always seems to cause people to dissappear IF the knock on ;-))

And tends to stop people parking too close

The indirect gas heaters get the temperature up to tropical in no time.
It would have to be extremely cold to leave them on for any length of time.
I'd be sweating buckets if we did leave it on overnight - and I'm very 'nesh', i.e. feel the cold easily.

Good quilts and a hottie bottle have served us extremely well from the first day we ever tried campervannning.

I find a quick blast of the fire last thing at night before snuggling down, then first thing in the morning when getting up to put kettle on takes the chill off.

When we are away in winter and the outside temp is likely to drop below about 10 degrees, we keep the heating on low. It keeps us warm and prevents the frost valve opening dumping all our water if it gets below 5.
Otherwise, we set the heating to come on so it’s warm when we get up.
We don’t do cold.

Extra duvet for me. Rarely have heating on all night.
I like being cosy under duvet while van is cold, as long as I can stick my feet out in the cold.
Usually kick duvet off during the night, wake up freezing and have to get cosy again. :LOL:

A dog each to keep us warm does the trick. We get the kettle filled up and on the hob with the cups ready and just need to fire the hob up and by the time the kettles boiled the vans heated up and have coffee in bed before we rise.

Need inside photos of your vehicle. And heater .
Please ask persons permission befor posting pictures.
Insulation from kingspan to thermal pants and beeny.
Hight of bed, the closer to roof hotter it is. sleep in top bunk in winter.

Heater off last thing at night.
First thing in the morning I get up and put heating and kettle on.
Take SWMBO a coffee in bed while I have a tea in the kitchen. (I don't get on with drinking while I am lying down).

Once the van is Toasty SWMBO gets up to start the day.
She says the system works well and no changes need making. :unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back