Coastal Ireland

Rosslare is nice, warmish too, but the best bit of Ireland is right up the top, most folk drive around the coast and miss the good places.
what do you call the best bit of the ireland trev........ive traveled up to the top west donegal area.....unfortunately missed the scenery etc as it was dark for most of the journey.........thoroughly enjoyed my time there and all very interesting..........
what do you call the good places.......

what do you call the best bit of the ireland trev........ive traveled up to the top west donegal area.....unfortunately missed the scenery etc as it was dark for most of the journey.........thoroughly enjoyed my time there and all very interesting..........
I know you asked Trev, but if I can give my two Penney’s worth Skibereen to Waterville on the kinda South West was absolutely lovely as I recalled.
I spent around 3 weeks exploring that area alone.

Dunlewey centre , nat park, Ards friery, famine village, Dunree fort just to name a few.
Screenshot-2017-12-27 Guided Tours Doagh Famine Village Visitors Centre.png
Screenshot-2017-12-27 Doagh Famine Village Visitor Centre Irish Historical Tour.png
3613809_orig.jpg
autumncastle.jpg
blueglen.jpg
castle-10.jpg
dun l 15 c.jpg
dunree c.png
dunree b.png
dunree a.png

Yeah, I moored my boat in Portrush & infact many other Places all around Ireland when I circumnavigated Ireland as park of a 3 year wander I done that took me to The Dalmatian coast & Back.
I know you asked Trev, but if I can give my two Penney’s worth Skibreen to Waterville on the kinda South West was absolutely lovely as I recalled.
I spent around 3 weeks exploring that area alone.
thanks zombie...dont mind who answers..tis all very interesting....will look up info on the area........must have been a wonderful experience for you.......we had ireish neighbours when i was growing up...they make a couple of trip a year back to ireland.........i used to hang out of my bedroom window shouting...can i come with you...they always seemed to set of about dusk time.......not in a vehicle........not many had vehicles at that time.......they set off up the road to catch a bus.....i think...from probably...then carry on their journey by train or coach............never did get to ireland until about 15 yrs ago.. it was beautiful....all those lovely irish acccents too.
went on a coach holiday.....so had to visit the places where the driver took us........all very interestin g it was.. wish i could have spent more time there. and travelled around further.
you are very lucky to have spent so much time over there........what an interesting life you have led.....take care

Bare in mind, I’ve NEVER lived in a house Trixie, & tan one of my businesses from my boats as I traveled for many years.
You should maybe consider another coach trip It’s changed a bit, But the people where still very friendly & accommodating.

I LOVE my Lifestyle
i wish...too long a journey for me now zombie.........take care

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back