Clunk on startup

Baden87

I have the dreaded thump on startup of my new to me ,fiat Ducato auto trail 2007 , spoke to dealer he says it's" normal ' is it ?

I have the dreaded thump on startup of my new to me ,fiat Ducato auto trail 2007 , spoke to dealer he says it's" normal ' is it ?

If you have a look on some of the other Forums you will find that it's not un-common for it to happen. Fiat say there is nothing wrong and it will not damage anything. Others say it's the rear engine mount that needs replacing or the exhaust rubber support bands need changing. Something to keep you amused on a camp site on a wet weekend lying underneath while someone starts the engine :scared:

If it has a duel mass flywheel get it checked

Clunk on start up and sometimes knock/chatter on idle when they start to fail

No it's not normal, I would get it checked out. Probably just the exhaust hitting the bodywork somewhere.

bump

No it's not normal, I would get it checked out. Probably just the exhaust hitting the bodywork somewhere.

the dealer has agreed to take it to Fiat dealer to give it a clean bill of health or not , which ever it is

the dealer has agreed to take it to Fiat dealer to give it a clean bill of health or not , which ever it is

There was a recall on the X2/50 (2007 onwards) Ducato 2.3 models for the engine mountings. Any Fiat dealer should be able to input your VIN and find out if yours was done .... or not. if it was not done, Fiat might contribute to the cost. After 9 years, they may not pay for it.

Clunk

According to the dealer there was no official recall for the fix you mentioned l,m still waiting for the results from the dealer / fiat

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back