Chunnel Tunnel

Loretta

Does anyone know if we can turn up at the tunnel and buy a ticket at the time like in some ferry's or do we have to book in advance???

:help::anyone:

Yes, you can. They are full sometime though, and you will be charged top rate. Early this year that was 270 Euro, at 2AM. I got the ferry instead, lol.

Yes...but....

Does anyone know if we can turn up at the tunnel and buy a ticket at the time like in some ferry's or do we have to book in advance???

But may cost more.
Best Idea is to book the cheapest ticket late on on the day you want to travel and then just turn up early.
Usually they will just put you on the next train.

If there are no earlier spaces then you have to wait until your allocated time.
If you just turn up in a busy period maybe no space..
Last July we chose to take a ferry as we were late booking and no spaces available on Tunnel (but this was the last week in July/ first week of school hols)

if you have prebooked the ANP recognician works well less hassle than buying a ticket.

We much prefer the tunnel even though you can get cheaper ferries

Yes, sorry, that wasn't very helpful.

That was one way. Coming back, but I assume it's the same leaving UK.

Yes, sorry, that wasn't very helpful.

That was one way. Coming back, but I assume it's the same leaving UK.

It's £206 outbound this morning!!
It's like all cheap travel deals, only really works if you can book well in advance and travel off peak. We can normally get a return for around £140 if we get organised :raofl::raofl:
Dave

Yes. Get on-line at McDonald's in Cite Europe and you will get a better deal and if you are CCC or CC member give them a go first. If you just turn up its full wack, which is normally eyewatering, resulting in many using ferry, but again do not book at ferry terminal but go on line.

More detail 4U

Was that one way or return?

As I siad we could notget tunnel "out" so we got a ferry..
On the way home we booked the Tunnel a few days before when in a sense we knew our returning plans.

They try to get you to book both journeys at the same time.

If you then change the return you have to pay a small surcharge.
We will now always book the outward journey as soon as we are confident of the day.
Then book return journey later.
Europe 2014 - Phil and Nida
we booked our return journey whilst in Germany.

We really like the campsite at Le Pont d'Oye 12 Euros in electric.

Showers not brilliant but we have in MH

https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#folders/0B0_7jL7AmjOEUXdxMjZHMG1sUGc

My problem is that I already have tickets to go for xmas by plane but the company now says they might be on strike on the date of my return.
If they confirm then I'll get a full refund and take the MH (2 days to get there, 4 days to relax and enjoy the Goose, 2 days to get back) no problem.
So I can only book the Chanel/Ferry when the F***** Pilots decide if they going to ruin the company or not. So I'm looking at alternatives :)

Chunnel

Hi inglejano,

We came back in December and I try to book my return as I get with in a coupe of days of the crossing.
I use Camping and Caravan club for my bookings as the give at least 10% discount and a direct phone number. but this year I left it a bit late and rang them on a Thursday and was offered an evening Tunnel on the same day for £160,but they looked for the following morning and I got a ticket for 10.30 at £68.00 and arriving early they put me on the next train with no extra charge.
If you go on line you can check the operators prices and check the best days to cross of course weekends cost more.
We try to cross on between Tuesday and Thursday for better prices,good luck.

Snowbirds.

Go to the Eurotunnl site

My problem is that I already have tickets to go for xmas by plane but the company now says they might be on strike on the date of my return.
If they confirm then I'll get a full refund and take the MH (2 days to get there, 4 days to relax and enjoy the Goose, 2 days to get back) no problem.
So I can only book the Chanel/Ferry when the F***** Pilots decide if they going to ruin the company or not. So I'm looking at alternatives :)

It tells you which trains are full.
Will give you an idea of how easy/difficult to get a ticket and prices

Don't agree you have to book well in advance.
Just booked this morning to go on Wednesday P&O Dover / Calais 7mtr van £38
Reading this thread it looks a good deal.
Do agree though worst thing you can do is just turn up. You will get stung.

Don't agree you have to book well in advance.
Just booked this morning to go on Wednesday P&O Dover / Calais 7mtr van £38
Reading this thread it looks a good deal.
Do agree though worst thing you can do is just turn up. You will get stung.[/QU

Is this ferry though ? the OP was asking about the tunnel, usually the further in advance you book the tunnel the cheaper it is

Hi
Just shopped around for the cheapest deal a few weeks ago. The best was Caravan Club which I got for less than £140 return and there,s no length restriction on your MH if you,ve got a TAG axle monster.
Tompa.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back