Christmas grub

• Thread starter Deleted member 3270
  • Start date

Deleted member 3270

I Would just Like to Know how every one likes to cook there chestnuts while away in there vans ,Just had some at home done in the oven lovely but would like to know how you would do them in the van ?

Nice campfire and roast them in the embers. Wash them down with a nice Liquid Malted Barley;););)

Hmmmm chestnuts :tongue: never done them in the van but I like them boiled then fried in a little butter with mushrooms and soy sauce.

you lot eat strange things,thats squiral food.whats wrong with pigs trotters.

Hi wilthebeast,

Ideal cooked on a shovel over a open fire as i did as a kid,but you can put them under the grill but take care they do explode and make a mess.

Snowbirds.:danger::danger::sad::sad:

I Would just Like to Know how every one likes to cook there chestnuts while away in there vans ,Just had some at home done in the oven lovely but would like to know how you would do them in the van ?

Fantastic

Or instead of bacon I often use diced chorizo :tongue::tongue:
Ram raid on local Tesco's imminent. Chorizo, to die for. Thanks for the ideas. Will first try with belly pork (as I've got some) cook fast and high temp in halogen oven, pork crackling but tender and juicy not hard (sugar rush for meat eaters).

Hi wilthebeast,

Ideal cooked on a shovel over a open fire as i did as a kid,but you can put them under the grill but take care they do explode and make a mess.

Snowbirds.:danger::danger::sad::sad:

Tell Me about it mate, makes a right mess
I remember in the old days trying to cook them by the bon fire
By the time you could get to them they were like lumps of coal but still ate them .
I also remember putting orange juice on a stick on my bedroom window sill to wake up to for an ice lolly in the morning .

Tell Me about it mate, makes a right mess
I remember in the old days trying to cook them by the bon fire
By the time you could get to them they were like lumps of coal but still ate them .
I also remember putting orange juice on a stick on my bedroom window sill to wake up to for an ice lolly in the morning .

how on earth do you put orange juice on a stick,i may be irish but im not that thick to be fooled by that one.

how on earth do you put orange juice on a stick,i may be irish but im not that thick to be fooled by that one.

Nice one treveskoda

But i am not going to explain this one to someone from ireland .:hammer:

Never mind all this chestnut and orange ice lolly nonsense. I'm in Spain and I'd kill for a Greggs Festive Bake.

Pat

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back