Christmas dinner using a Remoska.

Channa

Boxing day actually , by myself, Christmas day I had a co op Paella on the basis confused myself with sell by dates

So yesterday cooked a Christmas dinner of sorts, the veg were done in the microwave everything else the remoska

The chicken I covered with foil and removed laST 30 minutes. whilst it rested cooked the sausage and stuffing .

Chicken was 1.7 kgs and gave it 2 hours to be sure but still incredibly moist, in reality possibly 15 mins longer than a traditional oven, but remember only using 400w of electric

xmas1.jpgxmas2.jpgxmas3.jpgxmas4.jpg

Channa

ramoska.

i actually did christmass dinner in mine once. the oven had died! we had a three bird roast, or some such, and it just fitted in. i love it in the summer, the kitchen is far to hot with a normal or even microwave combi oven. :tongue:

The remoska is a fantastic piece of kit

All the yearts I have camped and wild camped , three essential pieces of kit , A decent knife sharpened, a remoska and my trusty Coleman petrol stove , the latter possibly my prized possession , had the bugger 30 years looks ragged around the edges ,,,,bit of scorched grass etc ...but a brilliant piece of kit

Channa

i actually did christmass dinner in mine once. the oven had died! we had a three bird roast, or some such, and it just fitted in. i love it in the summer, the kitchen is far to hot with a normal or even microwave combi oven. :tongue:

Hello
We have a Remoska, well three of them really. medium in the Motorhome , Grande and Small at Home, A very good piece of Kit, Cook Whatever you like.

Another vote for the Remoska - and if you are making a roast dinner for two people it can all be done in the Remoska - roast potatoes, onions and carrots in a little oil. Cook for around half an hour and then add the meat (small joint) wrapped in foil, cook for another half hour and add green veg (asparagus or French beans, for example) wrapped in a foil package and cook for another half hour. Add gravy and you have a complete meal! You can vary the times according to taste (and size of the meat) but the above works for us.

I've just got one from the company that someone recommended. Arrived really quickly. Yet to use but expected it to have a basic thermostat.

I've just got one from the company that someone recommended. Arrived really quickly. Yet to use but expected it to have a basic thermostat.

Simple on off button Carol ...seems to work and no significant increase in cooking times

Channa

I bought a lookalike remoska from alzashop. Com which went faulty after 2 uses,they were very good and refunded quickly and the huge cost of postage from Spain. Well recommended in my view. I'll buy a remoska from them while in England, no lookalikes any more. They do take a long time to cook though compared to a halogen oven.

I bought a lookalike remoska from alzashop. Com which went faulty after 2 uses,they were very good and refunded quickly and the huge cost of postage from Spain. Well recommended in my view. I'll buy a remoska from them while in England, no lookalikes any more. They do take a long time to cook though compared to a halogen oven.

Why are they lookalike? Aren't they original Remoskas? 😱

Why are they lookalike? Aren't they original Remoskas? 😱
It may have changed Carol but Lakeland had exclusive retail rights in the UK any other supplie in theory selling an alternative

Channa

It may have changed Carol but Lakeland had exclusive retail rights in the UK any other supplie in theory selling an alternative

Channa

Got mine fro Alza, think Czech and says original Remoska. £75 + postage. Someone on the forum posted the link.

Simple on off button Carol ...seems to work and no significant increase in cooking times

Channa
That is how the halogen oven thermostat works, the heating element is the same temperature but it cycles on and off, it works pretty good to be honest

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back