CHINESE DIESEL HEATER - LOW SETTING

A question about the quality of diesel may arises too, they say buy a tank of the very best quality branded sort of super diesel now and then. Never had an issue after 60k odd miles.
Tank diesel ....never had an issue

'Other diesel' bio/reclaimed etc ....

Pot luck ....usually with poor results

No, thats not how it works.

The 'low' setting simply slows the fuel pump and the fans' motor down so it burns less fuel and produces less heat.

It doesn't switch on and off at all, even when set to hold a specific temperature. All it will do is modulate up and down to try to maintain the chosen temperature.

The reason they soot up when run on low seems to be bad installation.

The exhaust pipe needs to run in a continuous fall. Any dip may collect condensation when on low, and an exhaust blocked by condensation WILL cause the burner to soot up.
And if on the lowest setting it is still overheating it still carries on heating, or goes to zero pulses and shuts down?

And if on the lowest setting it is still overheating it still carries on heating, or goes to zero pulses and shuts down?
On most chinglese heaters ....the pump reduces to a minimum pump htz and minimum fan speed BUT doesn't shut down,like a genuine eberspacher does

... I have seen pictures of some really badly clogged burn chambers and people always say it’s because they have been run on low but if mix is right it shouldn’t make a difference.
I suspect that the problem is poor installation. Unless the exhaust has a continuous fall, it will tend to fill with condensate, especially when running on low. That messes up the flow and makes it run smoky rich.

OK what is alpine mode ? and is there more special modes on these cheap heater. Ie can the heater fan run all day just on cold air ?.

Alpine mode allows you to reduce the amount of fuel used to compensate for thinner air at higher altitude

Some do have a fan only mode ....depends on the manufacturer

Alpine mode allows you to reduce the amount of fuel used to compensate for thinner air at higher altitude

Some do have a fan only mode ....depends on the manufacturer
Nice as my van gets to hot if CDH is running all night at 16 degrees.

How would you , I know . it's fitted now for 3 years.

What sequence of buttons, do I try . More going live on you tub by the day, about platutol/ Apine mode. But there displays are different it seems. I'll take photos. Tomorrow

Autotherm/lavaner/eberspacher makes from memory (deff the eber)
Have fan only mode ...

So many variations of manufacturer ....its hard to say which ones do and which ones don't have fan/alpine mode ...

Most have capability to 'tune' them for maximum efficiency ...
Pump pulse and fan speed settings etc

I'm thinking of trying one of these in Bluetooth flavour ...

It reckons it's got a functioning thermostat ...
Which makes a big deal to the economy AND user friendliness IMHO .

Mite upgrade thowh CDH heats my water through radiators / heat exchangers x 2(

I'm thinking of trying one of these in Bluetooth flavour ...

It reckons it's got a functioning thermostat ...
Which makes a big deal to the economy AND user friendliness IMHO .

I have one of the 5Kw MaxPeedingRods Blutooth heaters when I had to send my Eberspacher away for repair. It’s worded a bit different on mine, it says in plateau mode it will maintain a constant temperature. I am not certain but I think it means burn chamber or housing temperature or some such. In any event mine does not modulate like the Eberspacher does to maintain set room temperature.

May be different on the one you are looking at but just thought I would mention mine as someone reading specs may think it means constant room temperature 👍

I have one of the 5Kw MaxPeedingRods Blutooth heaters when I had to send my Eberspacher away for repair. It’s worded a bit different on mine, it says in plateau mode it will maintain a constant temperature. I am not certain but I think it means burn chamber or housing temperature or some such. In any event mine does not modulate like the Eberspacher does to maintain set room temperature.

May be different on the one you are looking at but just thought I would mention mine as someone reading specs may think it means constant room temperature 👍
According to a review on the one I linked to in Bluetooth flavour it does indeed shut down/restart as part of its temp control ...

The heater in question is the HCALORY HC-A01

It is one of their previous units but with an upgraded controller with bluetooth so be careful when you are shopping for one and make sure you get the right model, there are other bluetooth models but only the upgraded version has the auto on/off function.

We will post direct links to the correct model further down the post.

THERMOSTATIC AUTO ON/OFF FUNCTION

There are other Chinese Diesel Heaters on the market that have a bluetooth controller so you can control your heater from your phone like the Maxpeedingrods new models however this is the only one we have seen anywhere with the thermostatic auto on/off function.

Most other units turn down to the lowest possible power when the ambient temperature reaches the target temperature set on the controller. If you are heating a well insulated space this isn't great because you have set a temp that you will be comfortable at and once it reaches that temp the power only turns down so the area you are trying to keep a comfortable temp will just keep getting warmer and warmer until you turn the heater off or open some windows. The HCALORY HC-A01 actually turns completely off when it reaches temp and then doesn't turn back on until the ambient temp drops 2 degrees below what it is set to on the controller so the heat doesn't just keep rising. This is very good news!!

If you get one can you keep us updated please @mistericeman ? Not that I want another but can let friends know there is something that does it as and when they are in the market 👍

If you get one can you keep us updated please @mistericeman ? Not that I want another but can let friends know there is something that does it as and when they are in the market 👍
Certainly ,

I'm interested purely on a economy basis as well as comfort ...
I have one to take the chill off the kitchen as well as one in the greenhouse so I can start seedlings off early ...
Just need it to keep the frost off SO the usual running nine stop even on low is too much ...
BUT I'm not willing to spend thick end of £1000 on an genuine eber like I did for the motorhome .

According to a review on the one I linked to in Bluetooth flavour it does indeed shut down/restart as part of its temp control ...

The heater in question is the HCALORY HC-A01

It is one of their previous units but with an upgraded controller with bluetooth so be careful when you are shopping for one and make sure you get the right model, there are other bluetooth models but only the upgraded version has the auto on/off function.

We will post direct links to the correct model further down the post.

THERMOSTATIC AUTO ON/OFF FUNCTION

There are other Chinese Diesel Heaters on the market that have a bluetooth controller so you can control your heater from your phone like the Maxpeedingrods new models however this is the only one we have seen anywhere with the thermostatic auto on/off function.

Most other units turn down to the lowest possible power when the ambient temperature reaches the target temperature set on the controller. If you are heating a well insulated space this isn't great because you have set a temp that you will be comfortable at and once it reaches that temp the power only turns down so the area you are trying to keep a comfortable temp will just keep getting warmer and warmer until you turn the heater off or open some windows. The HCALORY HC-A01 actually turns completely off when it reaches temp and then doesn't turn back on until the ambient temp drops 2 degrees below what it is set to on the controller so the heat doesn't just keep rising. This is very good news!!
Is it turning on and off a good thing? They use a lot of power when firing back up.

Is it turning on and off a good thing? They use a lot of power when firing back up.
The ideal is to set so that they run at a tick over ...
Only shutting down fully when room is up to temp ...
However all the CDH I've dealt with so far have no functioning stat ...
Only the ability to slow the pump down to a minimum setting (often still too warm when in a campervan/motorhome etc )

Wasting fuel and overheating the living space at the same time .

They CDH do use more amps for glow plug but over night it won't get cold started as only been off for 40 mins
On cold start up the glow plugs only on for 6 or 7 minutes at 2 degress so mine thinking is about 18 amps for 6 hours max. but could be as low as 8 amps for 6 hours working. And less again if in alpine/ plato mode but will test next outing as I'm not a blogger.

Try this out

Certainly ,

I'm interested purely on a economy basis as well as comfort ...
I have one to take the chill off the kitchen as well as one in the greenhouse so I can start seedlings off early ...
Just need it to keep the frost off SO the usual running nine stop even on low is too much ...
BUT I'm not willing to spend thick end of £1000 on an genuine eber like I did for the motorhome .

I'm not completely understanding this. If you look at the link and scroll down the page there is a picture of a chap in the back of his motorhome with the heater next to his bed. It appears that there is no exhaust to the outside.

Presumably a bit of poetic license here?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back