Check your under slung gas tanks

Ok so I joined in the rush to lay on my back and check the gas tank.. Some surface rust but no pitting or flaking so a quick anti rust base spray then spray enamel and some stone chip on top the only puzzle is the small what looks like a ring pull on one end. It’s visible in some of the photos of the tank that was removed and photographed on the ground. Anyone know what that is for? Maybe an overpressure plug? After all the stories I would rather like to know what it is there for.
I know gasit tanks have an over pressure release valve. In for example a fire, a release of pressure even at the expense of feeding the fire lpg is better than an all out explosion.

Ok so I joined in the rush to lay on my back and check the gas tank.. Some surface rust but no pitting or flaking so a quick anti rust base spray then spray enamel and some stone chip on top the only puzzle is the small what looks like a ring pull on one end. It’s visible in some of the photos of the tank that was removed and photographed on the ground. Anyone know what that is for? Maybe an overpressure plug? After all the stories I would rather like to know what it is there for.
The over pressure plug/valve is behind the cover where the valves and tap are it is behind a red plastic bung, as for the ring pull at the end of the tank I have know idea what that is for

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back