(69 Reviews)

In StockFree delivery for orders above £15
Qty.1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
£29.99
Price £52.99SAVE 43%

Delivery AvailableClick & Collect from
Check stock in other storesInternational Delivery
Available

By the time you've smashed all your knuckles in, & stabbed your hands etc with the cheap nasty screwdrivers & plastic spanners, you'll wish you'd never bought it! Avoid like the plague.
Box might be OK to keep cutlery in, that's about it....

By the time you've smashed all your knuckles in, & stabbed your hands etc with the cheap nasty screwdrivers & plastic spanners, you'll wish you'd never bought it! Avoid like the plague.
Box might be OK to keep cutlery in, that's about it....
I did say cheap and would work as a van toolkit too many expensive inferior tools around at least you know it is a budget set of tools

I used to tell mates to buy a cheap toolkit and see what failed then replace failed items with better quality. Most folks rarely need anything of high quality unless they do a lot of fettling. If you have the spare readies for Facom though... :)

Plenty mid range gear available, some of it quite good for little money. Better with decent 2nd hand than cheap & &nasty. Years of experience have brought me to this conclusion, as my grandad used to say,"all that glitters is not gold"

Plenty mid range gear available, some of it quite good for little money. Better with decent 2nd hand than cheap & &nasty. Years of experience have brought me to this conclusion, as my grandad used to say,"all that glitters is not gold"
Did say a cheap toolkit which will work if you are not careful the ratchet will fail if you force it but you have spanners to break a nut which is what i would use.

So you say you can put a cheap toolkit together try and no offence meant

There is a time and place for cheap tools. I bought a £3 sharpening stone that attaches to a drill to use twice a year on my mower blade and its excellent........for what it's used for and probably very little else

Would also make a good xmas present for a youngster that has started tinkering but could lose interest at any time

Have 3 in the garage but have had to replace some bits, ok for some light odds and ends, today I binned a quarter to half- inch socket adoptor, one light turn and snap.

wife bought me a Halfords ''professional'' socket set over 2o years ago, £100 half price offer , done a serious amount of work , only had a couple of ratchets go ,but nothing ever bent or split ,even when i've used pipes to extend .cheap compared to snapon ,facom etc ,but still good .

I used to supply various manufacturers of tools that didn’t include Halfords. I will say that their ‘pro gear is top notch and with a lifetime guarantee too.
I have a mini Halfords socket set 1/4”drive that I got free 20 years ago with a Bike magazine subscription and even today is the first socket set I turn to.

I've been using a Halfords profesional combined socket and spanner set for years, it's had some really heavy use when away with the race team, never had any problems.

Halfords Pro range.....
Smaller sets are very reasonably priced (especially when on offer round xmas/fathers day OR if you've a discount card)

And are of very good quality with a lifetime guarantee.
When they snap, they slash your wrists. End of lifetime, guaranteed. Lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back