cheap ferrys dover dunkirk

jafeica7

hi there just to let you all know norfolk line offer a return crossing for £88 return! we are off this fri the 18 th march for two weeks down to spain i will update on any interesting stop overs and any other usefull stuff hopefully get some decent pictures too

don't forget your bits you need now.
the 2 warning triangles and the hi viz jackets and the spare glasses if you wear them.
no room for the proper camping stuff soon.

and a square thingy with red stripes on it for the cycle carrier!! we just got back weather was rubbish but the holiday was great !!! and no parking tickets where ever you park in france! or camp sea fronts camping car sites all free but one in dieppe that was 7 euros and they all have water grey water and loo empty points

typical isn't it.
what do we get in this country? No camping, no overnighting.
I wonder if the councillors have shares in the campsites.

Hi all,
That brings back memories of the autobahns in Germany.
At that time about 15 years ago, campervans and caravans were expected to overnight stop at the service areas for free and the bonus was even offered to deliver milk, rolls, and papers in the morning to each van.
You ordered them the night before and paid them in advance at the pay counter inside with description of van and registration.
Also available at that time there were free road maps with all motorways, towns and loads of other info as well.

Maybe they don't give so much now, but it was a super deal while touring through their country.

With friendly greetings,
Ian

We have just returned from 3 weeks in France. We travelled on Eurotunnel for £118 return. We are going again soon (after the third child is born!) and staying for several months. Again, we are taking the tunnel for the same price - a 30 minute journey, far simpler than the ferries. We would recommend it to anyone.

:huh: What are you travelling in? A Fiat 500? :D

Attachments

• R0010007.jpg
    R0010007.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 124
  • WP_20150827_007.jpg
    WP_20150827_007.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 120
  • R0010009.jpg
    R0010009.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 120
  • WP_20151023_001.jpg
    WP_20151023_001.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 120
A 6 berth, 23 foot motorhome!
2 adults and 2 brats (3 next time).

Book the outward journey after 6 pm (arrive 30 mins later, still time to drive to an aire).
Book the return journey after 10 am (I think).
Book at least one day in advance.

Play around with the days a little as it's temperamental....

If Eurotunnel could maintain these prices, I wouldn't even consider using a ferry!

Hope the parking and overnighting are as cheap and easy when we go to France in June. We're going on to north of Italy. Anyone know about sostas. We're particulary looking for an overnight in Bergamo, for when we pick up sister from flight.
Happy travelling y'all, especially the expanding family!! :D

we have tried a dozen times for the tunnel ... just get stupid prices .. will try again! norfolkline do a 5 day saver for £59 yet another bargain! we dont mind the ferry the 1 hour 50 min break is a good rest after 4 + hours on the crappy british roads with there agressive drivers .. lane hogging etc etc etc

I have just tried the tunnel website again and can find crossings around £120 return.
The website says travel after 5pm outward and before 11am return for the lowest fares.

We have booked Thursday 30/6/5 18.33 out and Thursday 1/9/5 10.28 return for £118.00.
I tried various combinations, some for next week, and still managed £122.00.

Keep on trying, because it's such an easy journey! Then take a rest at the local bar-tabac...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back