Channel Tunnel

WellWornTraveller

Free Member
I saw a bit of news on their site about cheap £10 deals for November and December if anyone is interested.

Bernie:banana:

Not cheap today , twice the ferry price .
Do the deals apply to motorhomes ?

Not cheap today , twice the ferry price .
Do the deals apply to motorhomes ?

We came through yesterday and it was cheaper to get a tunnel return than a ferry ticket. Do not know if it will also apply to M.H.

Bernie:lol-061::lol-061:

some people do talk shite on here 10£ your having flippin joke :raofl:

You should make sure you know what you are talking about before insulting people CDA242D1-1894-4003-A190-1E040E74FB08.jpg

sorry i dident think you would go Wild
camping in the car I thought it was about campers motorhome etc Doh

sorry i dident think you would go Wild
camping in the car I thought it was about campers motorhome etc Doh

I just put the mention on here because I thought some of our motorhoming friends might just have another life and sometimes go places in their car.

Bernie

We came through yesterday and it was cheaper to get a tunnel return than a ferry ticket. Do not know if it will also apply to M.H.

Bernie:lol-061::lol-061:

Apparently not . Was trying to book last minute yesterday . Ferries a bit naughty at £90+ but tunnel started at £211

Apparently not . Was trying to book last minute yesterday . Ferries a bit naughty at £90+ but tunnel started at £211

The tunnel is always expensive if you try to book for the same day, we share frequent traveler with someone else,so it costs £55 for the motorhome but has to be booked at least 24 hours ahead

I`ve never been able to get the tunnel price under approx £150 each way and to use the Tesco vouchers you have to book at least 14 days in advance which we don`t do.

Came back last week on P&O for £60 ( 7.5m motorhome, 2 adults, 0 kids, 0 pets ) at sensible o`clock and was booked online the night before.

I`m also in the middle of the " £15 Free Fuel " promo process which will bring the fare down to £45 :dance:

I`ve never been able to get the tunnel price under approx £150 each way and to use the Tesco vouchers you have to book at least 14 days in advance which we don`t do.

Came back last week on P&O for £60 ( 7.5m motorhome, 2 adults, 0 kids, 0 pets ) at sensible o`clock and was booked online the night before.

I`m also in the middle of the " £15 Free Fuel " promo process which will bring the fare down to £45 :dance:

We share a frequent traveler with someone else, where you have to pay for 10 trips up front at £44 per trip,but you are allowed to share this with one other person, but then there is a £11 supplement for the motorhome that you pay extra at the time of booking, we were lucky that we go out twice a year so that's 4 trips, and the other person we share with goes out 3 times per year using the other 6 trips up.
But before we did this I have usually paid between £60 and £80 per trip, we usually cross about 6 to 7pm
Then travel abou an hour at the other end before parking up for the night

We share a frequent traveler with someone else, where you have to pay for 10 trips up front at £44 per trip,but you are allowed to share this with one other person, but then there is a £11 supplement for the motorhome that you pay extra at the time of booking, we were lucky that we go out twice a year so that's 4 trips, and the other person we share with goes out 3 times per year using the other 6 trips up.
But before we did this I have usually paid between £60 and £80 per trip, we usually cross about 6 to 7pm

Don't think you'll get tunnel for anything like £60-80 now . I check prices frequently and (price-wise) the ferry wins hands down . That is , of course , without discounted frequent traveller etc
This trip P & O £79 (including dog) and £15 fuel thingy to come off . I think Admin is to be thanked for that one

Don't think you'll get tunnel for anything like £60-80 now . I check prices frequently and (price-wise) the ferry wins hands down . That is , of course , without discounted frequent traveller etc
This trip P & O £79 (including dog) and £15 fuel thingy to come off . I think Admin is to be thanked for that one

Just checked for the end of March next year when we will be going again and it is coming up at £86

I haven`t got any friends so i`m afraid that option isn`t available to me :sad:

Paid £71 one way Calais to Dover last weekend (booked a week in advance) on the ferry. Thats the most I have ever paid. (9:20 sailing). Looks like prices are rising then.

I wonder if the £10 car ticket tunnel price was in operation then as there were loads of Brit cars driving around Wissant and the two caps.

Paid £71 one way Calais to Dover last weekend (booked a week in advance) on the ferry. Thats the most I have ever paid. (9:20 sailing). Looks like prices are rising then.

I wonder if the £10 car ticket tunnel price was in operation then as there were loads of Brit cars driving around Wissant and the two caps.

5 other British motorhomes including one either side of us in Wissant last monday night when we stayed there prior to catching the ferry tuesday morning.

Not one of the buggers spoke or even said Hi.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back