Changed Van

My Globcar

Hi I have a roadscout R same colour as yours. Bought it late last year. Great van realy good quality. We have had just a couple of nights away in it so far just to find the right places for things. First good trip will be up to Scotland end of March cant wait. Enjoy your van and drive safe. John

Thanks John, it's good to here good reports on the Globecar up to present all the owners that have posted here and other forums are well pleased.

John.

Sounds good John.
That Ice Box would be quite suitable for us, much better than the little 6 inch square one.
We were passing Highbridge the other day and looked at the Rapido version and Rapido's cheaper range, I can't remember what they were called. We did like the fridge, I expect yours is similar. When we looked at van conversions a few years ago, we did narrow it down to the Rapid or Globecar, with Globecar first choice as at that time only Globecar had the fly screen.
However we even went larger with the B654SL love the space, but not looking forward to the over 70 medical

Ours has a full height fridge freezer,
003.jpg

Just as I thought, similar to the newer Rapido!
Just the job!

Question!
How do you go on cooking with the door open when windy? Does the fly screen stop the wind, or do you need to close the door and open the window?
also
How about battery power with the compressor fridge! We could slide the door half shut if required
I am asking, because, if and when we downsize, a Globecar would be a consideration!

The hob has a glass lid that shields it so thats not a problem.
Its a 3 way fridge, but we have 2 AGM batteries anyway

Looks great Jez,congratulations on a lovely van,

My question is where's the parrot going to go?

She travels on the table, she likes watching outside but her cage stays under the bed most the time when pitched.

The hob has a glass lid that shields it so thats not a problem.
Its a 3 way fridge, but we have 2 AGM batteries anyway

Our fridge looks exactly like yours Jez but ours is definatly a compressor fridge.

We pick our van up on the 3rd April, can't wait.

John.

I am looking at having full air suspension fitted by SAP at Doncaster. Our old van was a tag axle torsion bar set up so was rock solid, this van being as tall but on rear leaf spring isnt quite as stable in winds and when over taken by lorries. Its pretty good but I want it better. I will report back once Ive don the deed. Will possibly go for leveling jacks at the same time.

The compressor fridge will suit us a lot better because of the steep incline of our drive as we have never been able to load the fridges on our previous vans the day before we are ready to leave.

John.

I also bought the bling for our radiator grill as the brochure showed a black shiny grill, anyway ours as come with chrome strips along the grill.

John.

The compressor fridge will suit us a lot better because of the steep incline of our drive as we have never been able to load the fridges on our previous vans the day before we are ready to leave.

John.

You need EP Levellers, I didnt know they did the big fridge freezer in a compressor version.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back