CF9B Draining battery

xtraaccess

Does anyone know why a cf9 would drain a battery overnight..if i give it a full charge and disconnect the battery, the next morning the battery can be connected and its fine(green light), however if i charge it right up and leave it connected to the zig with the cf9b switched off it drains the battery to a red light status.. its a new battery and when the zig definately charges it up fine, its just acting like the juice is going back into the zig when you leave it connected and remove the 240 supply.

This one's very strange, but it would be worth getting the voltage readings once fully charged, then with the battery disconnencted take the reading of the battery after 12 hours just in case it's the voltage indicator causing issues or a new battery fault (do not rule this idea out). You may also find that if this is the type with the incorperated fridge and slip charge circuits, you may find that one of the relays are stuck open and the "leak" is going via the engine battery.

Hope this helps :)

This is what i have done so far..(with the fridge wires not connected both 240v and 12v)
I have charged via the cf9 leisure battery to a full 12+volts, if i then disconnect the battery and check it the following morning it has held the charge fine, if i then connect the battery and switch off all the switches on the cf9 and leave it for a day then the battery drains down to about 7-8 volts and if i leave it connected it will go all the way down to about 4 volts..

If something is taking battery power from the engine battery and with the switches on the cf9 all set to off, the off position on the cf9 is the same as selecting the engine battery although the cf9 power is off,could the voltage from the leisure battery leak out that way..

Finally i know there dont seem to be much in the cf9 box itself, but what is actually in there that could drain or leak the voltage, capacitor etc.?

Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back