cf s loathcliffe

Deleted member 775

dont know if this is proper forum for this but here goes its not a tech thing or prob only time i have any trouble is on motorwas dam tramlines hgvs leave and windy conditions normal roads are ok handles great having used mine as everyday transport work and back shopping and the like getting used to it and yes economy is great i had a renault safrane that did no more to the gallon about town any way sorry if this reply to an old thread in another forum but i dident know if my reply would be seen thanks

Hmm. Could be loads of things of as I'm sure you are aware.

One point worth checking though that testers can miss is the nylon bush at the bottom of the steering column. Crawl under & grab the steering just as it goes through the floor & see if there is any sideways play.
I only had one that was worn & it was the newest CF I ever owned.

The pinion bearing on the rack wears also, but a rack can be rebuilt for £35....or could be some years ago.

But tramlining sounds like tyres that don't suit the van. My old 1970 Bedouin with its streamlined front end would cruise down the m'way at 75mph (thxs to an overdrive) & was very steady in all but a gale; but there again most coachbuilts with their slab like overheads tax any vehicles high speed stability.

yes tyres are a thing i need to check they are good condition but the back ones are real big chunky winter type ones would not look amis on a 40 foot artic also fronts are totaly mismatched re tread all rack is near new so are ball joints wish bone bushes look ok got a couple of days of so will have a good look i have been hammeriting it s under side today its built like a brick toilet block thanks for reply

Tram lines

I think you'll find it's due to your M/Home having a track that's not quite as wide as the grooves left by trucks... so one of your wheels are always trying to run up/or drop down the sides of the grooves - hence it's always rising & falling as well as shifting from side to side... well that's what mine feels like it's doing!!

thats true asi say on normal roads and where there are no noticable tram lines on the motor ways it drives without fault but still am thinking of putting diffrent tyres on as i said earlier rears are like winter tyres will suite a 45 footer artic have just reset carb &timing and is well up on mpg may up it slightly with diffrent tyres cheers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back