Central locking is stuck in locked position

mfw

So spent couple of weeks trying to figure out how to get at the screws to get door card off ( going to take ages not a lot of space ) to enable me to see where it is jammed inside - push down rod on door of passenger side has jammed in lock position so everytime i lift the drivers side button to unlock it re-locks itself - i hate electrics but dawned on me this morning to just pull the central locking fuse bit of a hunt but found it and at least i can now open 1 of the front doors

Thought it would give people something to chuckle over anyway

With the ex parcel van I have that self locks on slam. To unlock side or rear doors with touch tab, the cab doors must be locked first!
The mb key fob only locks / unlocks front 2 doors. Touch tab thingy unlocks 1 door when you present it at either door .
Quite off putting untill I figured it out, would like them all on mb fob to lock / unlock.
Electrics hay, more brains than me.
Good luck

I detest auto lock doors or windows,just more garbage to go wrong,just what would happen if you went into water and could not get out,happened at quigleys point last week and 2 kids and dad drowned,old cars you could undo s/belts and wind down window to escape.

I detest auto lock doors or windows,just more garbage to go wrong,just what would happen if you went into water and could not get out,happened at quigleys point last week and 2 kids and dad drowned,old cars you could undo s/belts and wind down window to escape.
I'm a bit of a dinosaur and i hate modern electronics and any faults are normally an arm and a leg - but the rust protection and engines are better in my view - and fuel consumption is normally better as well

Agree with old tech. My 2007 Elddis, all switches and dials. Nowt much went wrong, solid little thing.

When I bought this motorhome, the first thing I did was to disable the central locking. Why would I want to unlock the boot when I unlock a door?

I'm a bit of a dinosaur and i hate modern electronics and any faults are normally an arm and a leg - but the rust protection and engines are better in my view - and fuel consumption is normally better as well
My old soda had a engine first made models in 1957 right up to 1999,did 50mpg and only the last models had fuel inj which i removed and fitted carb and points eng,miles better for it and ran much better,also easy to sort out if it went wrong.

When I bought this motorhome, the first thing I did was to disable the central locking. Why would I want to unlock the boot when I unlock a door?
a chap i know bought a fiat,he said when he switched his lights on the next doors outside light came on,all italian electrics are ,opps nearly said a bad word

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back