CCC Site fees. I am confused

I'm a member of both the big clubs and have never used the online booking system of either.
Both are extremely confusing.
Much easier to telephone and speak to a real person.

We are members of C&CC and we have only (well 95%) used their CS (certified sites) Two reasons
  • cost
  • Max of 5 Vehicles
On our first trip (in MoHo) to Scotland we used sites at Ardgarten (Now closed), Oban, Fidden Farm, Doing Meat eating (Dunvegan) and Lothian Bridge (S of Edinburgh). We shunned the big site near Edinburgh and they refunded our deposit. They offerred a wet and sunless spot and outside in the car-park..No thanks

We are fully self-contained and we both prefer our own facilities (Pre-covid)
In Italy we found a nice ish Sosta with private but outside showers which were good.

Early season we also use Hurley Riverside Park @£15 as suits

Early season EHU is good and many C&CC CS have !
Our Guide price if £15 (inc EHU)

I use both but joined here to further my knowledge and hopefully friendships, when we get back to normality.
I thought even wild campers use sites at least every once in a while to reload with water and to get rid of toilet waste, I do as I don’t have a shower in mine and a strip wash is not the same. Obviously got to wait now for all facilities to be opened again!

I thought even wild campers use sites at least every once in a while to reload with water and to get rid of toilet waste, I do as I don’t have a shower in mine and a strip wash is not the same. Obviously got to wait now for all facilities to be opened again!

We do, but there is a minority on here who reckon that anyone who uses sites at any time are mugs. To me using sites, car parks, and other locations makes sense and offers greater flexibility, and as you say a chance to get rid of waste and refill water etc. Right now I am at Lochore which is neither a campsite, or a car park, and enjoying the fine weather.

We do, but there is a minority on here who reckon that anyone who uses sites at any time are mugs. To me using sites, car parks, and other locations makes sense and offers greater flexibility, and as you say a chance to get rid of waste and refill water etc. Right now I am at Lochore which is neither a campsite, or a car park, and enjoying the fine weather.

Yes,
Rural carparks or similar best
Big lay-bys Due to road straightening.
Urban car-parks (often have toilets)
We tend to avoid small lay-bys but we have used them
Be flexible...if we do not like the feel of somewhere or it is likely to be noisy..MOVE ON
Small camp-sites perfectly good and useful if you want 2 nights (Toilets showers & awning/chairs/BBQ etc AND peace & quiet- usually)
In 6 years of "Summer full-timing" we have probably had an average of 3 unpleasant nights a summer then another 5 or so we would "find somewhere better".
We have also found many many very pleasant free or cheap places (mainly in Europe)
eg Col des Mosses
col des mosses.jpg

Last edited:
Had a visit from Ironman who was also at Lochore last night. Nice to put a face to a pseudonym. Not the first time the WC sticker has been noticed, hopefully not the last.

Last edited:
I have found that booking on CCC can be easy using my PC but almost impossible using my Ipad.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back