CB Radio

Loretta

Hi Guys:
Was talking with a mate of mine that is a CB radio enthusiast and he asked if I was going to fit one in the "Snail" ( missus gave the Van that name for obvious reasons).
The question is: is there enough motorhomers with CBs that its worth to fit one or should I just keep post in here to talk with you guys??

Last edited:
I would say probably only useful when you know you're going to be in a place with no phone signal for a long time.

I think there are a few on here, remember some discussion about it...

Then you'll need some one else with one within 10 miles of your location with one who wants to talk

Don't want to doubt you but I think it would be a bit more than 10 Miles specially if is Short Wave. Now if someone wants to talk that I have to agree :)

When we go anywhere, I'v got she who must be obeyed sitting next to me, giving me orders and instructions, hard if not impossible to make a decisions for myself, why would I need more competition?

Only of much use if going away with people in a little convoy, unless you want to eyeball truck drivers. :)

Only of much use if going away with people in a little convoy, unless you want to eyeball truck drivers. :)
Thats a BIG 10-4 ,Good Bidet, well thats the way i heard it. I did have interference, but she now reads as we travel.

I don't think anyone uses CB like they used to years ago, when we go away with friends we make sure we have the 2 way radio with us, mine are quite good with a very good range of about 2 miles, excellent for the leader to let you know in advance of decisions or whatever up ahead.

Not many people use CB nowadays but it might just become a bit more popular now that AM and SSB can legally be used, (since June this year). If you treat it as a hobby rather than a useful tool, you could park up on a high point and DX to Europe quite easily with 12w SSB.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back