Casting to TV from iPad ?

Shockingdog

Free Member
Can any member please tell me what I need to buy to be able to cast from my iPad to the TV in the van ?
Thanks in advance.

For home use, Chromecast is a great Apple TV alternative for consumers to wirelessly connect your iPad to your TV. Instead of using Airplay with an Apple TV, you just set up your Chromecast dongle with your TV and then upload the Chromecast app onto your iPad, available on the App Store.

The best option is Apple TV, but you’ll need EHU, so I use a lightening to HDMI adaptor and a HDMI cable.

694A1010-AA4C-4A7F-B1C8-4FF151B263FB.png
£16 Amazon

We have an Apple connector that used to work just fine with Netflix and iPlayer. But for some reason this year whilst Netflix still mirrors fine we can only get sound, no vision, with iPlayer both from iphone and iPad, even though it works fine on the devices own screens. Any ideas?

Can any member please tell me what I need to buy to be able to cast from my iPad to the TV in the van ?
Thanks in advance.
When buying the cable link make sure you buy the Apple one. You just plug into your pad or phone - plug into tv hdmi recommend plug into power supply and bam it’s working. Other cheaper versions require an app and are very much slower.

I had a cheap one, it ran very warm and lasted a month of intermittent use. The Apple one works consistently well and does not run hot. I believe that there is a lot more than meets the eye with them as they need to change the output signal from something to something else but it’s more than just two connectors and a wire. I am sure someone on here can explain while I put the kettle on…..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back